new dorms...

D.W.Q.M.: Sarah Jane Smith: "Boot cupboard? But it's enormous!"
the Fourth Doctor: "Oh, I've seen bigger boot cupboards."

First, apologies to those who read my blog who got my email on the subject-this entry will pretty much repeat it. Maybe a couple more comments-feel free to voice your opinion on the new dorms!

Case has finished building the new dorms. 7 new dorms-buildings 1-4 for the upper classmen, buildings 5-7 for the second years. Today Shar(also a case alum), Brian, and I took a tour of the new dorms...

OMG. Where to begin?

The common room: A working fireplace. Working fireplace!, big flat plasma screen tv. Comfy chairs, a kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, and full oven/stove. The stove is one of those flattop ranges...WOW. My sister was willing to sacrifice an awesome fridge just for one of those stoves...

Starbucks (open 7 days a week-7am to midnight), a convience store... Fancy staircases (as we were walking down, Shar said, 'it's the Griffyndor common room!), airconditioning. Several areas for studying, a workout room!!! And we aren't even to the living suites yet...

This is what one of the suites that we toured had: 4 bedrooms, a walk in hall closet(well, maybe not exactly walk in-but I was able to stand in it!), 2 bathrooms, a huge living area, carpeting, double beds, a kitchenette with a breakfast bar, huge fridge, full stove/oven, a microwave, sink, and a dishwasher. A DISHWASHER!!!! Do you realize how many dishes could have been saved if we had a dishwasher?!?!?!! I still can't get over that! Also a balcony looking over the football field (those are uncommon, actually-we only saw a few) The dorms surround the football field. When Shar walked into the bathroom, she said, 'you know, this bathroom is too small for 4 people-there's gonna be alot of fighting!' I said, 'Well, that's because you haven't seen this!' And I flew open the door to the second bathroom. She was floored!!!

WOW-I would hate to be a freshman living in on Northside this year! I'd be sooo jealous! Shar took lots of pictures-hopefully I'll be able to post some soon.

These dorms are better than my apartment!!
WOW.

Comments