Happiness is...

D.W.Q.M.:Barbara: "What's that awful noise?"
the First Doctor: "I beg your pardon... 'Awful noise'? A good way to talk about my singing!"
Barbara: "No, Doctor, not that awful noise -- the other one!"

Surviving the Feast! :)

Yup, I survived, and had a good time! I have to admit, though-I was quite worried. The first night of the Feast, Friday, was extremely hot and muggy-add to that the 3 hours of sleep I got the night before, I was very crabby by the time the evening was done. Since it was very cloudy, we didn't see any meteors, either. :( Although I was bummed,
Perseph knew exactly how to cheer me up-a late night trip to the IHOP for dessert! ;) And, despite the fact that we didn't see anything, it was cool to hang out on the farm with Perseph, Foofy, Jerm and Mike(who came up from Dayton for the Feast) Although, the past three astronomical events that we have tried to see have been spoiled by clouds and haze (comet, planetary alignment, the Perseids) It's going to be harder to convince people to go! ;)

Okay, back to the Feast: the quick breakdown!
The winner of 'traveled the farthest': Gabby! She came up from New Orleans to play. Ben Stern came from DC, Mike from Dayton, and Marty from Athens, OH. It was great to see them all!

Music most played: Finiculi, Finicula and Hey, Compare! I'm going to have those stuck in my head forever. Suprisingly, we didn't play the Tarentella as much as these two. People must be confused. ;)

Total reed fatalities: 4. Ouch! Although I think I may be able to stretch the last one for the San Nicola procession at St. Rocco's this weekend.

Cutest band memeber: Why, Tina's and Jesse's little girl, of course! She came around with us for the neighborhood walks a couple of nights-even had her own maracca! Got some great pictures. The question is still out on wether she'll be a reed or brass player. Tina and I are rooting for the reeds, of course! LOL ;)

Near collisons with a judge: at least 5-possibly more. I really dislike being behind the politicians in a procession. What the heck are they doing in a religious procession, anyway?

Rained out: only for a couple of hours. Friday it rained during one of our breaks between the sitdown concert sets. There was a scramble to get all the instruments and music inside, but it cleared up before the break was over, so we were able to bring everything out again. We did the neighborhood walk from 6-7:30 on Saturday, then it rained from 7:45 to about 9pm. We didn't do a sitdown that night-good thing, too-at 10:25 it started to rain again-all we had to do this time was run inside.

Funniest moment: When Marty played the Italian music cd he had-he got it from the Italian historical society in Little Italy-we played several songs on that cd. One was Violetta-he loved to play the intro for us-because the trumpets sounds so, well, out of whack. They definitely were not together in the beginning of that tune. Mike was quick to defend his section-he said that quite often the trumpets are not given alot of warning when they are supposed to start-so things get crazy. LOL. Marty must have played that intro 20 times. ;) Ahhhhhhh! I can still hear it!!!!!!!

I think the weather improved greatly as the weekend went on-started off hot and muggy, but cooled down-it was actually quite pleasant Sunday night, and the procession on Monday-wow! Low 80s, sunny, but not muggy. Can't beat that! Perseph, Foofy and Jerm all showed up for the evening procession Monday night-that made me happy, too! :) Thanks, guys!

All in all, a great weekend!

Comments