Happiness is Crunchy Granola...

D.W.Q.M.: "If only I could find my recorder, I could play you a little something to pass the time." -the Second Doctor

...Suite. ;)

Several weeks ago we drove past a sign advertizing Neil Diamond's concert at the Gund. Jerm said, 'I'd like to go to that...'

A little over a week ago I won 4 tickets to that very concert.

Last night we went to an awesome concert!

Originally we were going to go with
Perseph and Foofy, but due to last minute injuries (arm and big toe-I'm sorry guys! I hope you're both feeling better) they decided not to go. So I invited the Doctor, who, upon seeing my tickets, had exclaimed, 'holy $h*t! I'd even consider going to that.' and my friend Kim, who wasn't doing anything that night and loves spontaneity.

It was awesome-our seats were pretty high up, but we were next to the stage and could see the band, the backup singers, and most importantly, Neil Diamond. ;) Also from our perspective we were able to get the full impact of the light show over the audience. (Way cool!!) At the beginning of the concert, the stage came up in sections, with different members of the band.

No opening act, no intermission-he came out singing and would walk around the entire stage so that the people sitting behind the stage could see him too. He played really well to the audience. When he sang one of his love songs, a section of the audience began to scream, and the look on his face said, 'well, okay, I'll sing to you guys next!' LOL When he sang one of my favorites, America, instead of having the view of the stage, the screens displayed images of immigrants coming to America, with red, white, and blue lights flashing across the audience. He sang all of my favorite songs, a couple I didn't recognize, and a couple that the Doctor suspects are from his new album.

Not as wild as the Duran Duran concert that Perseph went to a couple of weeks ago (Well, consider the age of most of the audience. Jerm kept looking around for people younger than him. Little kiddies didn't count though. LOL ;) ) but still lots of fun.

From Crunchy Granola Suite to Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show, good times were had by all. :)

Comments