last, but by no means least. :)

D.W.Q.M.: "The ceremonial gift merely symbolizes friendship. We have no need for symbols, you and I." -K'anpo, from the 3rd Doctor story, Planet of the Spiders

'Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock...I'm talking to Au-n-ntie!' -Boo, today on the phone. :)

It's hard not to love that! :-D
I called my sister today to see how she was doing and it turns out she already got the packages I sent the kids on Monday! Woo! They all loved the books, and Boo especially loved the new clothes (she starts kindergarten next week-I don't believe it!) Al said she got pictures of them with their new books, including Mellon, holding hers up with the 'so big' expression and a huge smile on her face. Oooh! I can't wait to see 'em!!!!

Yesterday they went to the Minnesota State Fair and had a great time-they got a new wagon. (the kids and mom seem very excited about this new wagon) I was going to ask the kiddies if they had tried Norweigan on a stick, but decided against that. ;) My sister's new job is going well, so that's good-she sounds good, too! They had to leave, though-they are going to an open house for Boo-she gets to meet her new teacher!

So yesterday I talked about how my family made me happy-see example above, too. ;) Today, for the last day of the blog challenge-I will talk about the second important thing that makes me happy-my friendS! Friends to hang out with, really close ones become an extension of your family, you laugh together, cry together-stick together through tough times, just like your family.

My oldest friend (who still keeps in touch) is definitly Shan (Al's best friend)-we all grew up together-met before Al and Shan started school. Our mom's hung out together, we hung out together, and now, Al and Shan's kids hang out together. As a matter of fact, Al and the girls were at a birthday party for one of Shan's girls this past weekend. Boy, the stories we could tell...

My fave is definitely Shan and the mints-the three of us were having a slumber party at Shan's-after her mother went to bed, we decided to raid the fridge for the really yummy mints that were stowed away in there. Shan opened the fridge, but instead of getting on her knees, just crouched down (easier position for a quick getaway if her mom decided to come downstairs). Well, she pulled out the mints with two hands and lost her balance-ended up slamming the box against her chest and the mints spilled out everywhere. Shan, with a look of complete shock upon her face, was somewhere between crying worriedly and laughing hysterically when she said, 'Hey, you guys, get in here and help me!' But did we? No, of course not. My sister and I were laughing hysterically ourselves. Ahh, to be young again.

This past summer the three of us went to dinner with our moms and Mellon (she got lucky cause she's just a baby. :) ). We finally told Shan's mom that story, after all these years. Wow, the laughter could be heard for miles. ;)

My friend Angel and I have known each other since junior high-although we suspect we met briefly before that-just haven't figured out when. The first time I was allowed to go trick-or-treating without an adult was with Angel-it was so cool! We wandered around the neighborhood with our costumes (I was a witch, I think Angel was a zombie, or some other creature from the dead), and were so proud of ourselves. Too bad that was one of the last years we went trick-or-treatin! ;)

One weekend I went camping up north (in MN) with her family. It was the first camping trip of the summer (they went up almost every weekend during the summer) When we got to the campsite, her uncle opened the grill and noticed that there was still a wrapped corn on the cob left there from the previous summer. Yikes! Everyone was afraid to touch it...I don't know what happened to it-perhaps it got up and walked off on it's own, now that it was free from the confines of the grill. LOL.
At night Angel and I explored the campground-we were wandering around when all of the sudden, we heard someone behind us. we started to joke and say maybe it was the ghost of the campground, when we heard, 'BOO!' We screamed and started to run, and as we ran we heard her brother's hysterical laughter fading in the background. Oooh, that meanie. ;)

Of course, I can't leave this post without mentioning
Perseph!!! She helped me start my blog. ;) *heehee* Perseph and I were apart of the big Tippit family that was created back when we migrated from north to southside when most of us were starting our second year at CWRU. Perseph was starting her junior year, and she got the kick-a$$ lottery number 15!! I still remember hearing her voice on Karen's answering machine...at the time, I only knew her by sight-she was in my physics (P2) class. Who woulda thought we'd become so close? I found a new sister! :) Similar life experiences brought us closer together, and I don't know what I'd do without her. :) Last year I had the honor of being her maid of honor at her wedding. :)

She was still living in the Dayton area when a friend of mine from high school got married-so she said I could stay with her, and I, in turn-invited her to the wedding as my guest. A year later, I was her guest at
Jaya's wedding. (this was pre-Foofy, of course. LOL) Anyhoo, I was taking the greyhound down to Dayton, and had 2 hour layover in Columbus. Perseph took one look at my schedule and said, 'Don't come all the way to Dayton-we'll come get you in Columbus.' How cool was that? :) Last year she drove us down to Marcon. Any road trip with Perseph at the wheel (or behind the map) is a blast. :)

I feel very fortunate to be blessed with such terrific friends-both old and new! (In person and online too!) ;)

To all my friends: you guys make me happy! :)

Comments