The X-Prize

D.W.Q.M.: "Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable." -the Fourth Doctor

First-shouts go out to Jerm in Arizona!!! Glad you made it safely. I hear you are tanning nicely, and can see the edge of the universe from where you are. :) *heeheE* I'll bring you back something from Marcon-you try to bring me back clear skies-you hear?!? j/k. ;)

I was on a role there for awhile! Posting almost everyday of the week-WOw-more than one person mentioned to me that I was on a posting rampage. So what happened? Ah, I got lazy again-with the catalog being down most of last week, I grew tired of the same old same old, and finally I just didn't feel like posting on Friday. Then this past weekend, I had too many errands during the day, and at night, we had 7 nights of severe weather in a row, and if you remember last September my modem got fried during a wild storm-I didn't want to take any chances, so my computer remained off. :)

A couple of links for your reading pleasure: I was reading Slashdot, and found a blurb about a private spaceport. The FAA, they are nearing the final stages of certifying the Mojave Airport as the first ever private spaceport. The two leading competitors of the X-Prize are currently flying out of there. Just the other day I was reading about the X-Prize on Roddenberry.com It is designed to put a jumpstart on space tourism. 10 million! Wow. Rod has a nice article about the prize in the spotlight section of his website.

Woo! Don't know how near in the future this is for us, but it's still cool to think about it!!! 8-)

Comments