Star Light, Star Bright...

D.W.Q.M.: the Fourth Doctor: "I just put 1.795379 and 2.20468 together."
Romana: "What does that mean?"
the Doctor: "Four!"

check this out, it's pretty neat Thanks, Jerm!

...the first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might...
...see that fricken' comet tonight!!!

Arrggg...one of the things I hate about Cleveland-the light pollution!!! Makes backyard astronomy virtually impossible. That and the weather has been sucking all week. Why do the clouds wait until 9:30pm to travel across Cleveland's skies?!?!?!!!

Monday it was cloudy just after dusk, Tuesday we were hit with storms, and tonight, I had just found Mars in my little telescope (the one that can't be mounted-just in case you are curious. Things can be found with it!! ;) ) when the clouds started to become thicker and all the faint stars disappeared. Boooo... :(

Since there is too much light surrounding my apartment (not that that is a bad thing-safety is good. ;) ) it's hard to get your bearings when looking up in the sky. If only a few more stars were visible...
Besides having the general sky chart for May, I decided to try to print out the sky charts at Sky and Telesope which would show where the comet would be at any given time on any given day. Unfortunately, they were unreadable, so I decided to try to sketch a portion of it myself-just enough to "point" me in the right direction, so to speak. LOL. Just for fun, I decided to once again, share my totally lacking drawing skills. Please remember these are not scientifically accurate. ;)

Drawing for May 10th, 2004 at approx. 10pm EST.



Drawing for May 12th, 2004, same time.



This weekend I will be visiting friends in Painsville-I might bring my telescope just in case we have clear skies. :)

Comments