An anniversary of sorts... ;)

D.W.Q.M.: the Second Doctor: "Well you've been fiddling with it, haven't you?"
the Third Doctor: "It was perfectly all right until you touched it!"

Twenty-three years ago yesterday, I was still an only child. Twenty-three years ago today, I became a big sister! I remember the first time I saw her-she had a big round head with a ton of dark hair, and her face was as red as a tomato. (Hey, I was only 4-how else would you describe a new baby?) ;) My mom remembers a complete stranger following us into her room and saying, "I was in the elevator and your daughter here told me that I had to come in and see your beautiful baby!"

Happy Birthday, Little Sister!!! Love you lots, even when we fight. ;) *HUGS*

I decided to call her during my lunch break, and this is how the phone conversation began:

Voice at the other end: "Hello?"
Romana: "...uh...Alison?"
Voice (with an amused chuckle): "No...try again!"
Ro: "Mom?!?!"
Ro's Mom (now laughing outright): "Yes!!"

Hey, I wasn't expecting her to be there in the middle of the day. ;) If you want my opinion, I think she really enjoyed being mistaken for her youngest daughter. ;) Hmm...although when my sister wakes up from her nap, I don't think she'll be too amused that I mistook Mom for her. Oh, well-now she'll really get a kick out of the Mother's Day card I sent her!!!

Comments