Random Thoughts and random links

D.W.Q.M.: "He talks to himself sometimes because he's the only one who understands what he's saying." -Sarah Jane Smith

So the weather's finally calmed down a bit (20% my a**) The power blinked off and then back on again three times, and we had several power surges for a while there. I finally turned my tv back on around 8, then the computer around 11. The Indians game was delay ...89 minutes? Then again for about a half hour during the 5th inning. I hope they win (ok, I'm not being quite honest here-they are playing the White Sox-the White Sox are only 2 games behind the Twins. The Twins won tonight, and the White Sox are currently loosing. You do the baseball math. ;) ) Anyhoo, back to the weather-this was the biggest storm we've had this season, and boy was it a whopper-my street was flooded after the first wave of the storm. It's so much fun to watch big, oversized cars try to speed through that and then discover they aren't so tough after all... :p

Perseph, I bet Kotke would love to be a part of the Infinite Cat Project- check it out-it's a hoot! (via Tegan)

Also from Tegan (via Boing Boing)
When TV Shows collide. And I thought my pic of Tapping, Shanks, and Judge striking a Charlie's Angels pose on the Stargate set was pretty funny... ;) I know it didn't get a high grade, but "the Mac-Files" really cracked me up.

I feel so dirty-I am a Nintendo person all the way...but this weekend, while I was visiting my friends in Painsville, I played a PS-2 game (Fatal Frames II: Crimison Butterflies) and enjoyed it! I searched to see if it was also available for GameCube, but I only found it for PS-2 and XBox. :p Fatal Frames is probably the creepiest game I've ever attempted to play. I played it during the day and still got a little spooked. Next time, I'm going to play it at night!!! *shudder, shudder* ;)

Speaking of video games, Nintendo has updated their release schedule. Woo! Apparrently they were a big hit at the recent E3 (Electronic Arts Expo)-they had the best press event.

Okay, maybe it's just a matter of needing to find more to read about it, but what the heck is Nintendo's DS?! Great, just what I need-another "must have" that's gonna cost $$-not anywhere in my near future (although it does look pretty cool ;)). Oh, well, as long as they don't stop making GameBoy Advance games anytime soon... Oh, and I love Donkey Kong, but Donkey Konga? I dunno about that...I just may have to wait until the release of Donkey Kong Jungle Beat in 2005.

Today I left work a little late-got to the bus stop about 5:15, and the next bus came at 5:20pm. When I got on, I saw two of my coworkers who leave at 4:30 on the bus. This was the first bus that went all the way up Mayfield in over an hour. Apparetnly there had been an accident. Nothing too serious in terms of injuries-a few bruises, and some people were shook up a bit-but this is what happened: The bus was driving past a stop-no one was waiting there and no one wanted to get off. Well, this woman, instead of waiting 10 seconds for the bus to clear the intersection, without warning, drove up along side the bus and cut it off while attempting to make a right turn. HELLO PEOPLE in the game of bus vs. car, bus usually wins! Do you know how hard it is to stop a bus? They don't stop on a dime you know. And why would you try to make a turn like that in front of someone who's bigger than you? Cleveland drivers are insane!!! AAAhhhhhhhh!!!! No wonder my friends suffer from road rage-with all the insane drivers on the road, I'd have road rage too. (another point for 'Reasons why Romana does not have a drivers license') ;)

Less than 10 days until Marcon 39!! Woo-hoo!!!!!

Comments