Egaads, *bleeP* this, I'm going home....

D.W.Q.M.: "Look, I'm doing the best I can, if you don't like it, you drive!!!" -Ace

Disclaimer:please note. ;) If you are a friend of mine (especially one who drives me around) any references to crazy drivers is not refering to you in any way, shape or form. (I know I probably didn't need to say that, but it makes me feel better. ;) )

So, Marcon is coming up, and I began to realize that I should probably do something about my expired driver's permit id. I don't know how picky they'll be down there, but it's better to show a current id than an expired one.

So once again I am faced with the dilemma of getting up early Saturday to head to the DMV, to stand in line forever so they can give me another permit packet, so I can take the written test yet again. *sigh* As always, I forgot how much it would cost to do the whole thing over again, so I went to the BMV website and was appalled to find that they had raised the price to $21!! (ok, maybe not too appalled-but it's a far cry from the less than $10 I had to pay last year.) I scroll down and find that it only costs $8.50 to get a regular state id...so guess which route I'm going this year? I bet you are saying 'Quit complaining! Look at what drivers have to pay every year!' Yes, I am aware of that-but you already have your license! It would be different if I had mine, but I don't-and I dont' seem to be getting any closer to having one, so it seems like a big waste of money for me to do it.

Now I bet you are saying, 'well, why not go take the drivers exam already?' Easier said than done. Of all the people who have attempted to teach me to drive (and I love you all! Thank you for trying!), no one has ever really shown great confindence whenever I have mentioned taking the actual test. Not their fault, 'cause i'm not really confident myself. I just never seem to have any luck while attempting to learn to drive-we start off ok, but then something comes up (life does that occasionally-nothing you can do but ride out the storm.) and the lessons sort of stop. I haven't driven since I think maybe October...no, might have been November. I dunno-I guess I just don't have any good Karma (LOL-pun totally intended.) As Homer would say, "Stupid Karmic retrebution!!" ;) Also, there's no sense in adding another moronic crazy driver to Ohio's motor pool. (hey, i've seen some really stupid things out on the road lately-i wonder how many of these drivers could pass the written test today?)

So I asked and said, 'what do you think my chances are of actually getting more driving time and my license in a year?' Dead silence. Hmmm..... So I decided that this year, I am just going to get a plain old state ID-this will last me 4 years, and if sometime within those 4 years it looks like I might be able to make some more progress, I'll just get another permit packet and start over again, like I do every year. (I think I've been doing this for at least 5 years now, and I'm just feeling a little frustrated and tired of doing it. Maybe I need a break)

Sorry for the rant, but I've been getting really frustrated about this and I needed to get it off my chest. Ahh, I feel better now. :) Who knows? By Saturday I may change my mind and start the permit process all over again. ;) I am also grateful to those of you who have taken the chance and allowed me to drive in your cars-really I am! I hope to someday reward you all with an actual drivers license, so your work won't be in vain. :)

Comments