sisters and football

D.W.Q.M.: Sixth Doctor: "I am another aspect of him, as he is of me."
Jamie: "Eh?"
Sixth Doctor: "I was him, he will be me."
Jamie: "Who will I be?"

The events of the following story happened approximately one week ago...just been to busy to post it. ;)

Sunday, November 2nd, approximately 10am, EST.

ring, ring

Romana: "mmmm...hello?"
Romana's Little Sis: "hey, did i wake you?"
R: lying through her teeth "No, wassup?"
RLS: "Well, you know the Vikings play the Packers tonight in MN, right?"
R: "yeah, so?"
RLS: "I want to make a bet with you..."
R: "Oh...?"
RLS: "If the Vikings win, you have to take me out to dinner, and if the Packers win, I'll take you out."
R: thinking ahead "ummm...could it be as cheap as McDonalds?"
RLS: "yeah, that's cool-it could be White Castle for all I care-the only thing is it has to be just you and me."
R: "Okay, then-it's a bet!"

Skip ahead, skip ahead, skip ahead...
Time: approximately 7:30 pm EST. Jerm has arrived, and the two of them are waiting for the arrival of P^2 and for the Simpsons to come on.

ring, ring a quick check of the score before answering has the Vikes ahead of the Pack, 7-6.

R: (to Jerm) "here we go..." (answers the phone) "Hello?"
RLS: "WE'RE AHEAD! WE'RE GOING TO BEAT YOU TO THE GROUND!!! WE MADE BRETT FAVRE CRY LAST TIME HE WAS HERE!!!!"
R: "uh-huh-well, I love you too-and the game is still early"

Few minutes later, the Pack scores a touchdown
Jerm: "aw, come on!"
R: "I have to do this just this once!!" dials MN
J: "but the game is still early!"
RLS: "hello?"
R: "hahahahahahahahaha....who's on top now?"
RLS: "the games still early" hears jon mumbling something... "jon admits that you do have the better quarterback, but so what?"

skip ahead, skip ahead, skip ahead....
The group is in the middle of a Euchre game when...

ring, ring

Everyone groans: "oh, no."
R: "....hello?"
RLS: "WE JUST INTERCEPTED YOUR BALL!!! I will be calling you in a few minutes when we make that touch down!!!!"

Funny thing is, I never received that call. ;) After my friends left for the evening, I watched the rest of the game-the Vikings never got ahead again!!! Final score: Vikings-27, Packers-30! WOO-HOO!!! Even though I knew she wouldn't answer, I gave my sister a call and asked her where we were going for dinner. She actually surprised me the next day when she called and asked if I knew the final score. I told her yes, and she asked me where I wanted to go to dinner. Well, since I was going to be as cheap as McDonalds-I told her she can choose. She suprised me by saying she was going to take me someplace where we could get a drink, like Fridays or Ruby Tuesdays or something. Wow, made me feel cheap. ;) But it's all good. It's always fun when the Vikings play the Packers-my sister and I constantly nag each other throughout the game. Once when the two teams were on Monday night football, we were on the phone for the entire first quarter!!!

I do feel a little bad for her...the Vikings lost again yesterday, which I believe makes it 3 losses in a row...

...okay...maybe i don't feel all that bad. ;)

Ahhh...Vikings/Packers rivalry = Sibling rivalry at it's best. Woo!

Tonight Monday night football is in GREEN BAY!!!! WOO-HOO!!!! goooo Cheese!!!!
Cheese, Gromit, Cheese!!!

:-D
yes, i love football.

Comments