If Alex Trebek can say it, why can't I?

D.W.Q.M.: "I'm not going to just sit here like a spare lemon waiting for the squeezer." -the Brigadier

A few months ago, the President of our university announced plans for a new logo and new overal image that is supposed to make CWRU more marketable, more well known in higher education circles. As far as I can tell, all it has managed to do is PO many alumni-especially the alumni of Western Reserve. We will no longer be referred to as Case Western Reserve University...oh, no, from now on, we are going to be called, 'Case.' Our school name will still be Case Western Reserve University, but when talking about our school, just call us 'Case.' yeah, whatever. As my friend Michelle once commented, "Havard, Yale, Case....no matter how much money they put into it, it will never grow ivy." ;)

Skip ahead, skip ahead, skip ahead.

Present time, Taco night-the players? Myself, P^2, and Jerm. We were watching Jeopardy just before Enterprise, and one of the categories was 'Shared Nick names' .

(in jeopardy land)
Trebek: "Answer: Michigan and Case Western Reserve University"

(at home, pretty much in unison)
Jerm: "Hahahahahahahaha....."
Persephone: "OH, MY GOD!!!"
Romana: "HEY! He used the long name!!!!!"
Paul: "Ahhh...uhh.....wait...uh....no...oh..."
(from the tv) "What are the Spartans?"
Paul: "D'awwww." (throws arms up in defeat) ;)

So, if Alex Trebek can still use the long name, why can't we?!? Seems that the long name worked just fine in this example...just fine, indeed. :-)

A few quick notes:
-Paul-in regards to your comment about the Macgyver episode-you were right! You totally rock. :)
-I've updated my front porch. Enjoy!

Also, finally, a scarf update!!! 395/830 rows. Yah, I know-i was never able to regain the pace I was at before the Feast of the Assumption. Maybe I'll get a chance to work on it on the way to Cincinatti this weekend. :) But I will finish this scarf before Marcon 39!!!! :) :)

Comments