Doctor Who news

D.W.Q.M.: "That'll never work out-he's gay and she's an alien." -the 9th Doctor

Ahhh, my first quote by the 9th Doctor. :-D

Welcome back.

As always, most, if not all, of my info is from the fabulous site, Outpost Gallifrey.

First of all, Doctor Who premiered on BBC 1 on Saturday at 7pm, with a peak of 10.6 million viewers!!! Huzzah!! It had an average audience share of 43.2%. :) :) :) Doctor Who is also gracing the cover of Canada's TV Guide (It premieres on CBC next week-April 5th-lucky Canadian Whovians!!)

More good news: BBC has commisioned a second series!!! And a Christmas special! Woo!

Unfortunately, there is some sad news: Christopher Eccleston will not be returning as the Doctor for the second series. :( There's alot of specualation why-he has a fear of being typecast, he has other projects lined up. Whatever the reason, it's disappointing (from what i can tell, he makes an awesome Doctor), but that's the way it is. The editor of Outpost Gallifrey talks about it in his blog. (March 31st entry) He says we need to keep things in perspective, and I totally agree with what he has to say.

On a brighter note-apparently the BBC is already in talks with another actor to replace him- David Tennant. I'll post more when I know more.

Apparently the BBC is already planning on releasing dvds (with no extras) of the new series as early as May and June. Unfortunately I think these will be Region 2 dvds. (dang!)

Hey, will someone in the USA please, please pick up the new series? 0:-) I'm going to start writing to BBC America-even though I don't get that channel. At least it would be airing in the States, and I do have friends who have BBC America-so there'd be a chance I would be able to see it. (at least a better chance than I do now!) LOL ;)

Marcon is having a Doctor Who guest this year!! John Levene, who played Sgt. Benton from U.N.I.T. Benton was my favorite member of U.N.I.T., so I am very excited!!! He'll be the first Doctor Who person that I get to meet! Woo-hoo! :) :)

That is all for now. :)

Comments