Doctor Who news

D.W.Q.M.: "...[the Time Lords] delight in devious." -the Fifth Doctor

18 days, 6 hours, and 12 minutes! (according to the countdown on Outpost Gallifrey)

Now, I thought I read about this on Outpost Gallifrey, but I can no longer find the link to it... The Breakfast programme on BBC Radio FiveLive had a short bit about the new series. They played part of the old theme which then transitioned into the new theme (which is totally sweet, I might add) Unfortunately, since it is a daily program, and they are only 6 hours ahead of us, it will only be available in their Listen Again schedule until about midnight tonight. (sorry guys-i only found out about this myself this morning.) I showed it to a couple of my coworkers who are Doctor Who fans-since they haven't watched the show in a while, they didn't catch when it changed from the old to the new. Since I have been watching old episodes on a regular basis for who knows how long, I noticed the change. I used to be able to tell which Doctor it was by listening to the theme music (it varies slightly with every Doctor-including the movie version), but I don't think I can anymore. (boy, how sad is that?) ;) I love theme music! Anyhoo, I think they did a fantastic job of blending the old and new together. ;)

They also talked about the leak-over the weekend, someone leaked a copy of the entire first episode over the internet. According to one reporter, the official press launch date was today, and the copy that's out on the internet was what they were sending out to be reviewed. Apparently this copy is not much different from the one that will be broadcasted on BBC1 on March 26th, but the BBC is encouraging people not to watch it. the reporter then said, 'but with all the die-hard Doctor Who fans out there, that's not likely to happend'

Although none of the fansites and blogs I have read show where you can find the episode, they are allowing people who have seen it to post reviews about it. From what I've read, it sounds like it's really good!!! One commenter even mentioned that perhaps the reason why SciFi didn't like it was because it was too British for them. LOL-I'd have to agree!!

Have I mentioned that I really, really want to see the new Doctor Who?

I really, really, really want to see the new Doctor Who!!!
;)

Hey, bring it to the U.S. of A.!!!

Comments