Doctor Who news

D.W.Q.M.: "Yes. Well, I'll tell you something that should be of vital intrest to you. That you sir, ARE A NITWIT!" -the Third Doctor

Sad news for us US fans from Outpost Gallifrey The SciFi network is not in negotiations with the BBC to air the new Doctor Who series. Grrr... Yes, it was only a rumor, but that's not why I am so upset. It's about the article I read on IGN that has me so upset.

According to IGNFF sources, the network execs have already had the opportunity to bring the series to the US, but passed after viewing a couple of episodes. They claimed that the series was "somewhat lacking" and didn't think it would fit into the networks schedule. Somewhat lacking?!?!?! This, coming from the network that proudly airs such crap as Tripping the Rift, Scare Tactics, and the 'reality series' Mad, Mad House. (just to name a few) This, from the network which barely had any advertizing for the frellin' awesome Farscape Mini, but had advertizing for the 'somewhat lacking' (according to most i know who actually sat through it) Earthsea ad naseum. Sheesh, I can see why SciFi Daily constantly reffers to it as the 'suck-fi' channel. Boy, if it wasn't for their kick-a$$ Friday night line up, i'd say they have no hope at all. Put some people who actually like SciFi in charge. NITWITS.

On a brighter note, Canada is set to air the new series on CBC starting April 5th. Anyone in the US close enough to the border to tune into CBC wanna do some recording for me? I'll provide the tapes. ;) LOL. *sigh* well, I can always hope that they'll bring 'em to Region 1 dvds. Today's news from Outpost Gallifrey says they've been hearing rumors that the new series will be on dvd as early as October. If it's true, and if region 1 discs are included in that rumor, I guess I can wait.
Pssst! (but I really don't want to!) ;)

To read more about todays post, click here and scroll down to March 2nd for the US and Canada airings report, and March 4th for the dvd report. There was alot of stuff posted for the 4th! :)

Ooooh! New Dalek pics!! Click here for the gallery. Check out the golden Dalek!!

Comments