famous people and total lunar eclipse

D.W.Q.M.: "First things first, but not necessarily in that order." -the Fourth Doctor

So there was a bunch of famous people at KSL today...but more about that later.

Before I forget-there's a total lunar eclipse tonight!!! It's only supposed to be partly cloudy tonight, so here's hoping we'll get to see something!!! I'm planning on bringing my small telescope to taco night tonight-it's great for lunar viewing!! :) Here are the details:

Total Lunar Eclipse! (all times EDT)
October 27th the lunar eclipse will be visible in North and South America, and on the morning of October 28th, Europe. We (Eastern and Central observers) will be able to see the total eclipse, while Western observers will see the Full Moon rising with a small bite already taken out of it. :) Here's the breakdown:

8:06pm: Eclipse begins when the Moon enters the light penumbral shadow.
9:14pm: Beginning of the partial phase when the Moon enters the darker umbral shadow.
10:23pm: Totality!! (lasts until 11:45pm. Mid-totality is at 11:04pm)
12:54am: Partial eclipse ends
2:03am: Penumbral phase ends...that's a wrap!
----------------------------------------------------

Okay, about the famous people-I'm going to have to save that for a later entry, but let's just say I've added 4 more names to my 'Famous People I've Seen Through a Door' list. The list had Prince and Jewel (although with jewel it was just a fence-close enough I say!) on it. Today I was able to add Lauren Hutton, Leonardo DiCaprio, Mary J. Blige, and P. Diddy to it. :) They were here for a 'Rock the Vote' rally. There's alot to say, and hopefully I'll be able to post some pics too (I didn't have a camera, but I was promised copies from some who did.) It was great fun-Jerm and I were on the phone for 40 minutes-he was letting me know what was going on outside and I was letting him know what was going on inside. ;)

Gotta run-I have to try to get some work done today! (Statistics are going to be very low for the library staff today. LOL.)

Comments