Random thoughts-the 'what the...' edition

D.W.Q.M.: "Did I short circuit?" -the Fourth Doctor

Author's note: okay, I don't know what is up with my blog, but my posts don't seem to be showing up on my site-they show up in blogger as being written and successfully published, but they don't show up on my site. I'm just going to keep posting and hope that it'll eventually show up. -August 5th, 12:56pm.

I've got a ton of stuff to write about, but I haven't done a random thoughts post in a while...

Some fun stuff:

via Tegan:
and interesting meme: Check the tag of the shirt you are currently wearing and find out where it was made. Mine says 'made in Vietnam'.

Also from Tegan, a really cool auction from eBay. Check it out!!

Upcoming events and shameless promotion:
Hey, if you are in town on Sunday (August 8th) and want to hear some good music, stop by St. Cecilia's church for the Cleveland Interfatih Choir Encourage Concert, at 5pm. St. Cecilia's is located at the corner of East 152nd and Kinsman. (3476 E. 152nd Street) I just recently met the director, Michael-he's really cool!! Persephone's heard him sing and says he's really awesome! :)

Also, in case you've forgotten, the Feast of the Assumption in Little Italy begins next week! Holy Roasary's festival starts Thursday night (August 12th)-they close the streets at 6pm, I think. Italian band will be there everynight, and will be in the procession Sunday morning (the 15th)

Holy cow, August already? Where has the summer gone?
Speaking of August, astronomers are predicting that this will be an awesome year for
the Perseids So if you have clear evening during the week of August 8th, grab a lawn chair or blanket and look up in the sky!! (the Perseids peak on August 12th this year).

I am upset with Adult Swim-they have taken Aqua Teens Hunger Force off the Monday-Thursday lineup and replaced it with Sealab 2021. I'm trying to give Sealab a chance-I've watched 3 episodes so far...eh... I MISS MY AQUA TEENS! It's a good thing that my position in the wait list for the dvds from the library has dropped from 7 to 4. You wanna here something funny? I don't even get the Cartoon Network! ;)

I usually pride myself in not watching the local news, and knowing more about what's happening worldwide, rather than what's happening in "my own backyard", so to speak.

I think I've really outdone myself this time.

Take last week for instance-I spent Monday and Tuesday watching the first season of CSI on dvd (the Doctor picked it up from the library for me.) Tuesday night, about 9:30pm, he wanted to check something on a news channel. I looked at the tv and said, "The Democratic National Convention is going on right now?"

Thursday, while we were watching tv, Perseph says, "Oh, that's right, the President will be here tomorrow." My response? "Of the United States?!"

Man, I tell you-American Idol could be holding auditions right here and I wouldn't even know about it... Oh, hang on a sec, they ARE!!

Comments