more about the Feast

D.W.Q.M.: the Second Doctor: "If only I could find my recorder, I could play you a little something to pass the time."
Brigadier: "We should be thankful for small mercies."

random quote from Stargate: "Well, I guess that makes me both happy and sad." -Col. Jack O'Neill

Well, actually-I had hoped to give you brief updates like the one I did Friday afternoon for each day. Unfortunately, when the Doctor mentioned that my friend Mike was putting together my "new" computer, I didn't realize that that also meant dismantling my old computer for parts (like the harddrive) LOL. I should have known better! Since I am still working on setting up my computer, I'll post here at lunch. :)
----------------------

First of all-I gotta know: was there some kind of major sale somewhere on cameras and camcorders? I swear, I'd never seen so many flashes in my life!!! ;)

stats after Friday (this is a running total from thursday
Number of reeds worn out: 2
Number of times we played 118 (Onore D'una Banda): 2
Number of times we played a Sousa march: 6
Condition of lower lip: tad sore

stats after Saturday
Number of reeds worn out: 3 1/2 (1/2 means that I hope to be able to use it the next day. Ha!)
Number of times we played 118: 2 (yay! we got lucky!)
Number of Sousa marches: 9
Condition of lower lip: Ow!

I had my first Jello shot at one of the houses we visited-it was very yummy!!!! ;)

stats after Sunday
Number of reeds: 4 1/2
Played 118: 2 (yay!) ;)
Sousa marches: 11
Condition of lower lip: Is that a blister? ;)
Oddest music heard: the Macgyver theme (I kid you not!!!!)
Best line spoken during the procession: "That's because all of the politicians are ahead of us and they blow back hot air." (In reference to the comment that it gets so warm during a procession. LOL.

Music we lost count on number of times played: Tarentella (well, DUH! can't have an Italian festival without the Tarentella!!), That's Amore, Hey Compare, and Roxie's Theme. (to name a few) ;)
------------------------------------------------

Ah, another year, another Feast. As usual, I'm sad that the Feast is over, but relieved as well (since it is a rather long and tiring job!)

Actually, I do have a little more to say about the Feast, but I'll save that for later! :)

Hmmm..I think I still have 105 stuck in my head. (La Banda N... I can't remember the spelling-I remember it best as '105 blue' ;) ) :)

Comments