ahh, the Olympics

D.W.Q.M.: "You know, I am so constantly outwitting the opposition, I tend to forget the delight and satisfaction of the arts... the gentle art of fisticuffs." -the First Doctor

Okay, I've succumbed!!! I am finally into the Olympics. When they started last week, I was like, 'Eh, it's not the same as when I was little.' But then I started watching a few competitions, and realized that I really do enjoy watching the Olympics!! So far I've managed to ignore the results being published online (with the exception of a couple of competitions)which is why you won't find any links to the Olympics here-just in case you don't want to know until you see it. ;)

I did manage to see the US Mens swimming team win the gold in the 2x400 meter relay and Paul Hamm's individual gold without reading they had won it online before hand. (both of which, were really fun to watch!!!) I only saw the tail end of Paul's performance, but it was pretty fricken' awesome!!!

At taco night last night Arthur mentioned that the next time the Olympics are in the US, he may have to try to go get tickets to an event. Sounds like a good idea to me. ;) Last night it was just me, Arthur, Paul and Jerm-we had decided to watch the pilot of Firefly (which was very good, btw), and when Arthur turned on the tv, I believe it was one of Korea's competitors on the rings.
"How does he do that?!"
"I don't even know what muscles to use to do that!!"

*heehee* I was amused. :) :)

Comments