Even just one makes it worth it. :)

D.W.Q.M.: Cornish: "Control to capsule: do you have visual contact?"
the Third Doctor: "Do you mean 'Can I see it'?"

So after taco night, Jerm and I looked for any signs of the Perseids in
P^2's backyard. This was about 11:30 pm. 20 minutes and several bug bites later, we decided to go inside. I went back out about an hour later by myself-by then, the clouds had started to roll in, but you could still see the brighter stars faintly through the clouds. So I thought, 'why not?' and stayed out there for a few minutes.

It was worth it. I only managed to see 2 meteors, but they were pretty bright since I was able to see them through a thin layer of clouds. Unfortunately the clouds only got thicker, so I decided to call it a night as well.

Am I disappointed? Well, ok- yah-maybe just a little. After all, there was the potential to see many, and I only saw a couple. But I spent many nights growing up camped in our front yard in Minneapolis during the second week of August. Some years were better than others, but it was still fun to just lie out there at night on sleeping bags, staring up at the night sky, listening to the grownups chat amongst themselves. :) I enjoy sitting outside at night watching the sky-even if I don't see anything. So...rather than be disappointed that I didn't see anything spectacular, I am glad that I was able to see what I did!! :)

Comments