Gee whiz.....

D.W.Q.M.: "You know, I am so constantly outwitting the opposition, I tend to forget the delight and satisfaction of the arts... the gentle art of fisticuffs." -the First Doctor

author note: I wrote this just after midnight last night, but it was taking too long to publish, and I was tired, so I just let it go until this morning. ;) 8/24

Why is it almost everything I love to watch in the Olympics (both winter and summer) always seems to meet with controversy?!?

I just finished watching the Men's highbar routine. WOW. After Alexei Nemov's performance...it was so bizzarre-the crowd booed at the judges score forever! (if I had been there, I probably would've been doing that too-instead after the score I was like, 'What?! Are they kidding?' and then watched in amazement as events unfolded in Athens) Now, I'm no judge, and I have no idea what they look at and what they deduct for, but even I thought that Nemov's score was a little low for his performance. What's with the Canadian and Malaysian judges? They rescored it, but it still wasn't enough to raise his place in the standings, and it wasn't enough to shut up the crowd. Finally Nemov got up, thanked the crowd for their support, and asked them to be quiet. He was very graceful (is that the right term to use?) during the whole thing. You gotta admire that-you just gotta.

I had this whole big editorial about how I really feel, but then I chickened out. I know it's my blog and I can say whatever I want, but I'm not much for editorializing online like this (except when it comes to tv, which will be evident if I get around to writing about last Friday's Stargate, but I'm so disguisted with that I don't sknow if I want to!) Anyhoo, I digress.... Most of my editorializing is heard live, in person, and when I'm extremely mad (or excited!) about something...I think...

Why do Olympic judges have a knack for destroying the enjoyment of watching the performances? Sheesh. I also understand that the audience doesn't see what the judges see, what may look like a flawless program actually might not be. But still, judges aren't always right. I truly feel sorry for the competitors.

So how do I feel about all this controversy? Who should get the all-around gold? Guess you'll never know unless you ask me. ;) Don't worry, I won't yell, I promise.

Amid all the controversy, I wonder if people will know and remember who won the gold in the highbar-it was Igor Cassina of Italy. :) Heard the Italian National Anthem. I'm not Italian, but next to our National Anthem, it's the one I know best. (Thank you Italian Band! ;) )

I did get to see the US men sweep the 400 meter!! That was pretty fricken' awesome!!!! :)

Uff-da, that's enough Olympics for me tonight. I'm going to bed!! :) :)

Comments