Wow! 1 year!

D.W.Q.M.: Moberly: "You must be the Doctor. We were expecting someone much older."
The 4th Doctor: "I'm only 749. Used to be even younger."

Happy blog day to me, happy blog day to me-Yup! Today is my anniversary date-I've been blogging for a year now! Thank you, Persephone, for encouraging me to start one!!! :)

To the Taco Night gang-I am sooo sorry (especially to Andy and Persephone-I hope you are both feeling better today) that it was so hot in my apartment last night!!! With the crazy weather we have been having (hot, then cold, then hot again) I haven't had the energy to put my A/C in the window yet. Also, it's been so long since we've had a full house, that I've forgotten exactly what it's like when more than 2 people come to visit during the summer! It doesn't help that I've had to keep most of my windows closed because my screens are so bad. This weekend I will work on getting the rest of my screens out so they can be fixed, and also hopefully I'll get the A/C unit in the window...

I think we have been totally spoiled Mario Kart wise. Last night, when Brigie and Arthur went on a Dairy Queen run, Paul, Jerm and I decided to play some N64. Paul suggested we play Mario Kart, the "retro" version. Boy, you wouldn't think that there would be that much difference in the graphics, but were we wrong! After months of playing Double Dash, here is a sample of some of the things heard while playing Mario Kart 64:

"Who-oa...these graphics are terrible!"

"Oh, I forgot-when there's more than 2 players, we don't get any music."

"Umm....how do you use the items again?"

"We still have one more lap?!?!?!!"

"Who's dumb idea was this anyway?"

"I can't shoot anything backwards!!"

"Dude, I don't remember Rainbow Road being this difficult to see on."

"This is like when we were playing F-Zero on my Super Nintendo."

"Make it stop! Make it stop!"

After four races, we switched to Tetris.

LOL-the guys thought it was pretty awful-I bet they are just upset because I came first and second more than they did, instead of in last place, like I usually do. LOL,
I LOVE "RETRO!"

Comments