"Uh-oh, Baby 'Uigi time!!'

D.W.Q.M.: "Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables one to be wrong with authority." -the Second Doctor

We have done the impossible.
We have done the unthinkable!!

Persephone de Hades and Romanadvoratrelundar have beaten the game!!!!

Mario Kart: Double Dash has been conquered with the two most unlikely canidates at the wheel!! Special shout goes out to Persephone, who came in first on all three tracks we played!!! (she insists that I did help, though-thanks, Perseph!! :) ) We beat what is probably the three most difficult tracks in the entire game!

Yo-shi!!

Perhaps we should have seen this coming...after all, our usual taco night was not our usual taco night-in fact, Paul was the only one who got tacos-also, we didn't even have it at my place-we had it at P^2's. We watched Enterprise, and then Perseph and I decided to try to beat the Star Cup in Mirror mode. After a few false starts, we finally got the Gold! Our reward? Two new characters and a new car for the heavyweights! Petey the Pirhanna and Boo the Ghost, with Petey's Pipe car. Of course we had to try them out. :) :) After that, we decided to go for the Star Cup, and see what we'd open if we beat that. We won on the first try!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Our reward? Boo's Pipe car! Another car for the heavyweights! Wait a sec...a ghost is considered a heavyweight? Hmm...oh, well-guess anything can happen in Marioland....uh, oh, wait, I mean the Mushroom Kingdom ;) After that thrill, we decided to go for it all and take the gold in the All-Cups circuit.

"Baby 'Uigi number not one."

Well, we would have won the gold on the first try for this one, too, except...well, my pride got the best of me. We were on the last track, Rainbow Road, which has got to be one of the hardest tracks in this game. Perseph was only 2 points ahead of Petey, so she had to make sure that she crossed the line before he did. I was doing unusually well with this track, and Perseph and I were neck-n-neck turning on a curve with no guard rail, on the last lap of the race. My Pipe car got a little to close to her Baby carriage car, and I accidently sent her flying off into Mariokart space. Knocking her off the track also allowed Petey to get ahead of her...but he wasn't ahead of me... In fact, I was actually in first!!!! As I got closer to the finish line, Jerm, who had stopped in to watch, suggested that I sacrifice myself and mess with Petey so Perseph could cross before he did. I couldn't help it, I was in first...I have never, ever, ever done this well on this track-in fact, I think the best I have ever done before last night was 5th place. I just couldn't stop myself from crossing that finish line with the big 1st sitting on the corner of my screen. I just couldn't help it. It was a big accomplishment for me. As a result of that, though-Perseph came in second, only two points behind Petey. She said she didn't mind though-she was proud of me! :) :) Besides, it gave us the excuse to try again! She was determined to beat the game that night.

And we did!!! Second time around, Perseph came in first!!! Woo-hooo!!!! Our prize? A big pic with everyone on it saying 'Thanks for Playing!' LOL! Don't worry, that wasn't the only thing-we got a new car-the parade car used at the end of the game to carry the winners of the gold. Even better-it's available to everyone-the lightweights, middleweights, and heavyweights!!! I am currently using my non-existent artistic skills to make a drawing to commemorate our victory. I promise to post it later. :)

Hard to believe that less than 2 months ago, Perseph hated this game! Woo-you go girl!!!! Better yet, it's on my memory card, so someone (you know who you are ;) ) can't try to beat her score!

Persephone, you have beaten Mario Kart Double Dash-what are you going to do now?
"Why, beat it with perfect scores, of course!!" :) :) :)

Comments