Too much oxytocin...

D.W.Q.M.: Ian Chesterson: "Frankly Doctor, I find it hard to keep pace with you."
the First Doctor: "You mean 'to keep one jump ahead'; that you will never be!"

*I hear ya, buddy-I hear ya!!* ;)

Funny event of the week: Paul, singing that annoying Quiznos song, 'we love the subs' in a Ned from South Park voice. Laughed so hard I was cryin'!!!

Funny line of the week: spoken by Andy, "Oh, cool! Earth farts!" during a show on the Science channel that was talking about the destruction of an age...and yes, I know it's not the dinosaurs!!! :p ;)

Funny article of the week: Dear Abby article pulled because of Simpsons prank A fun read-check it out! (picked it up from another blog I started to read occasionally, Bloggity-Blog-Blog-Blog

I have been accused of having too much oxytocin. Once, the Doctor, Paul and I were watching a special on the Discovery channel, and they were talking about oxytocin and how it's the hormone that makes you think things are really cute, or something... So everytime I saw something cute and said, 'awwwww!' Paul would say, 'oxytocin' As the 'Doc' would put it-'Cute doesn't sell...unless you are trying to sell to Romana.' hahahahaha...

So, I was already to blame yesterday's event on the oxytocin, until I searched Google to check to make sure I had the spelling right... I looked at some of the articles...they talk about birth, maternal instinct (ok, maybe i get a little maternal instinct), closeness to your partner, and how women with strong, close relationships tend to have higher levels of oxytocin than single women... (uummm...excuse me, I'm still single...hmmm, maybe that makes me the odd one out! lol ;) ) Anyhoo, if you are interested, check out this article, or others found from my Google search. Of course, I could just be missing something or not understanding the article properly (medical lingo is not my thing-gooo Perseph!! Woo-hoo! ;) ) so oxytocin could still very well be to blame. ;) We will go by this assumption, and I will finally get to the point of my post!!

Oxytocin levels were high yesterday, and it got me into trouble...well, ok, not really, but both Perseph and I were amused. ;) I should have seen it coming-while waiting for Persephone, I was watching Stargate SG-1 on the Scifi channel-it was the episode where Daniel was searching for the harsesis child (for the uninitiated, the harsesis child is the child between two Goa'uld hosts-strictly forbidden in the Stargate universe, because that child would contain the knowledge of all the Goa'uld....uhhhh...nevermind-T.M.I. Sorry about that!) Anyhoo, the point is, Daniel found the child-a little baby boy-and when I saw him, I let out my standard, "Awwwwww-look at the cute baby!! Isn't he cute? He's so cute!" Which was promptly followed by a "Sheeesh!" from the Doctor. ;)
Well later that evening, while Perseph and I were at the World Market, we came across these HUGE soft, yellow baby chicks!!! Oxytocin levels still high, I picked one up, turned to Perseph and said, "Looky!! Aren't these just the cutest?!?!" Perseph laughed and agreed with me, and I quickly put it down. We both find what we are looking for, and as we get to the checkout counter, I look down at my coat and notice that there seem to be bits of light colored hair all over my coat. I turned to Perseph and said, 'uuhhh...when did I come across a cat?' The lady behind the counter laughed and said, 'Did you pick up those baby chicks?' when I admitted that I had, she laughed and said she had done the same thing yesterday, and noticed the fuzzies on her clothes as well. She then smiled and after she rung me up, offered to try to help get rid of some of the hairs using some tape. Ahhh...that's what I get! ;) Like I said before, Perseph and I were both amused. ;)

My name is Romanadvoratrelundar, and I like cute things. So sue me!!! :p LOL :-D

Comments