The tvjunkie files #3

D.W.Q.M.: the Brigadier: "Do you know what you're doing?"
the Third Doctor: "My dear chap, I can't wait to find out."

The return of the tvjunkie files! (I hope) Back in September I attempted to do quick reviews of the tvshows I watched, but that didn't last very long-partially because I tend to write too much, partially because I just watch too much tv to keep up with it! (ok, mostly 'cause I just watch too much tv.) ;)
Anyhoo, I decided to give it a try again, with an attempt at making shorter summaries...although I probably won't write about everything I watch. So, here goes, starting with my Friday night shows!
---------------------------------------------------------

Series: JAG (CBS)
Episode: "What If?"
Original Airdate: March 12th, 2004

Ok, so I think the title could be changed to 'What The...' as in, WTF?! I'll admit, I'm a big fan of silly episodes every once in a while...but sometimes they are just too much. It starts off with the JAG crew celebrating Petty Officer Coates promotion at a Chinese resturant-the waiter brings them a basket of fortune cookies-Harm was chosen to go first-his fortune read, "Your unspoken desire is the road not taken. Take it!" He laughs, brushes it off as silly, and doesn't reveal what it says...but while the others are talking, he looks away and gets mesmerized by the fish tank next to the table, and the next thing you know, he's imagining what things would have been like if he had married Mac. *author note: if you know me and JAG, you know I'm a big Harm/Mac shipper-as unrealistic as it may be...but I've seen so many 'fantasies' about the two of them on this show, it just doesn't do it for me anymore.* The episode continues-we soon realize the fortunes are all the same, but we keep going back to Harm, getting lost in the fish tank, thinking about 'what if'. Ugghhh...
It was brought to my attention that the last line may be a precurser to future stories-it ends with Harm getting Mac's coat, she asks if he's ok, and he says, "Just pondering the road not taken..." and as she turns away, he looks at her and wistfully under his breath adds, '...yet.' Hmmmmm....interesting, very interesting. With March Madness around the corner (*yuck*) it'll be a while before we see new episodes...let's hope they get back into the courtroom!! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Series: Stargate SG-1 (SciFi)
Episode: Lost City, part 1
Original Airdate: March 12th, 2004

Before I begin, it was pointed out to me that since this is the first part of the season finale, it's hard to form opinions about anything that happened. Well, too bad, I'm gonna do it anyway. :p I can at least give first impressions... There's a new administration in the White House-the new Vice-President is the ever-annoying, now former, Senator Kinnsey. Can't stand him (although I will admit that I get amused watching Jerm squirm and say, 'Ugh, I hate Kinnsey'. ;) ) He wants to take over the SGC-any fool can see that. The new President (played by William Devane) seems to be able to see through him as well, but he's no fool-Kinnsey practically threatened the President if he didn't do things his way...but I have hopes that the new Pres will find a way to shut the VP down. The Doctor doesn't think so, though-he can't see William Devane playing a television role like this for very long, and thinks he'll be assasinated or something-I hope he is wrong. The Pres did give in to Kinnsey and replaced General Hammond of Texas with a Dr. Weir as the head of the SGC. Even though this chic is not a fan of the military, it's expenses, and, I believe, recommended by the VP himself.. my first impression is that she, too, can see right through Kinnsey. She really p'oed him when she said she would entertain the idea of allowing SG-1 to go through the gate if O'Neill could come up with the coordinates to the Lost City of the Ancients (he downloaded there knowledge into his brain again...which will eventually overwhelm him unless it can be removed) The Goa'uld Anubis is getting stronger than ever, and the only hope the SGC thinks they have is if they find the lost city of the Ancients where there is technology and information that coould help them defeat Anubis. Master Bra'tac comes from Chulak with a message that Anubis is on his way to Earth, and will attack in about 3 days. Of course, the VP doesn't believe it, but then again, he's a moron-what can I say?

*Author's note* Jerm and I agree that there seems to be something missing with some of the episodes we have seen since January. Jerm sums it up the best: 'I want to see them go through the Stargate!!' The last few have been rather political in content-LESS POLITICS, MORE SCIFI, PLEASE!!! If I wanted politics, I would surf up 3 channels or down 18. Also, RDA hasn't been having as much screen time, so I am missing O'Neill's odd humor and wit. Although there was the scene where O'Neill was comparing Anubis to Mr. Burns-Daniel totally disagreed with him (mind you, SG-1 had been drinking a few beers before this conversation started) and O'Neill said 'Alright, I was going to leave one of you my entire VHS collection, but now I don't know..' LOL. Ahh...next week is part 2 (looks like there might be some serious action) so we'll see. After that, no new episodes until I think June. WAaaaahhh!

Comments