The tvjunkie files #5

D.W.Q.M.: "Look, try and use your intelligence, man, even if you are a politician." -the Third Doctor

Okay, I think I know why I didn't do many tvjunkie files-not only do I make my reviews way too long, but I never seem to have the time to type them up!! (by the time I do, it's been so long since the episode, i'm like, 'why bother?' ) So, again, I must apologize for the lateness-I wanted to wait until I was sure some of you had seen the episode.
-------------------------------------

Series: Stargate SG-1 (SciFi)
Episode: Lost City, part 2 (season 7 finale)
Original Airdate: March 19th, 2004

WOW.

If I was only allowed one word, just one word to describe this episode, that word would be wow.

I honestly do not think I have been this moved by an episode of a scifi show since the series finale of Farscape.

They came. They saw. They kicked it's a**!

Once again, SG-1 saved Earth!!!

As a follow up to tvj files #3, I would like to say that I really like the new President, and Dr. Weir (even though she still holds Hammonds job.) Main reason? They basically told Kinsey where to stick it-they new what was at stake, and were both smart enoguh not to listen to Kinsey's blabbering. When the going got tough, Kinsey was the first one out the door-the President decided to stick around, depsite the danger. Maybe not one of the brightest things to do, since his life was in danger, but he didn't want to run and hide. Also, Dr. Weir was smart, too-deciding to stop the off-world evac and close the iris just in time, despite Kinsey's whining and threats to fire her. When he complained to the president? The President told him he would be accepting his resignation from the VP. Yeah!!!! Lets just hope this doesn't come back to bite them in the a** later. (after all, Kinsey does seem to know people in dangerous places)

But that's only half of it. Hammond was given command of the X-303, to try to keep Annubis's fleet at bay. Depsite the overwhelming odds in the bad guys favor, the people of Earth gave them a good fight, while SG-1 went in search of the Lost City. SG-1, along with Bra'tac and a Jaffa who had supposedly changed sides, took a transport to the coordinates provided by Col. O'Neill. As the knowledge of the Ancients slowly took over his mind, he was still able to have some last moments with his team-so they all knew how they felt about each other. (another tear-jerker for me, what can i say?) While they were down on the planet, the Jaffa turned against Bra'tac-something I just knew was going to happen. When SG-1 returned, they found the Jaffa dead, and Bra'tac near death-O'Neill was able to help him using the healing powers of the Ancients. whoa...

The found out they had to go back to Earth, in Antartica close to where the second gate was found. Hammond ordered the entire fleet to guard the transport at all costs. Meanwhile, in a chamber below the Antartic surface, O'Neill hooked himself up to the chair and released the power of the Ancients-effectively wiping out the Goa'uld. So Annibus is dead...we hope (i mean, lets face it, they have managed to come back before...) The also suspect that the lost city isn't in Antartica, that this was just an outpost... O'Neill, nearly overcome by the knowledge of the Ancients, puts himself in what looks like a stasis chamber. The episode ends with Maj. Carter placing her hand on the chamber, looking at O'Neill, and the last shot is of O'Neill, frozen in the chamber.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*sigh* I do not think I did this episode nearly enough justice. I was rather teary-eyed at the end. In my opinion, it was the best episode of season 7-too bad it was the last episode of the season. I don't know if you noticed or not, but the two episodes had more of a theatrical feel to them, if you know what I mean. If I remember correctly, I had read that this was supposed to be the last season of Stargate, and they were going to make a feature film, which would pave the way for the spinoff, Stargate: Atlantis. (Which premieres in July, btw) Well, they signed on for another season, so they made the story for the movie into a two part season finale, and I guess will tie the new series plot into the beginning of season 8.

*double-sigh* I have to wait how long for new episodes of Stargate?!?! *sigh*

Comments