Here's to friends, near and far! :)

D.W.Q.M.: "I know it's irrational, but human beings are quite my favorite species." -the Fourth Doctor

Before I begin, I'd like to say 'Hi!' to Carol from New Zealand! I came across her blog after I had updated my own-the name 'Aragorn' caught my eye (LOTR, need I say more? ;) ) Carol is originally from the U.K. and is currently taking a career break(from the police), working(with horses and other animals) and living in NZ. I've been reading her blog since August, and finally decided to drop her a line-she was delighted to have another state-side reader. :)

This weekend P^2 and I took a trip down to visit Sasha and her family before they move to VA this weekend. Before we headed down, Persephone and I canvased Coventry Village in search for the perfect going-away gift. Since Sasha loves gargoyles, we decided to try High Tide and Rock Bottom first. We walk in, and we see this skeleton dressed in a black cloak and red glasses with a basket of DumDums in his lap talking to a man. At first I thought it was just one of those displays that are motion-sensored, until I realized that the Skeleton (or Mr. Bones, as he likes to be called) was actually holding a conversation with this man. Then all of the sudden he says, 'and look at these to ladies here-this one is a Packers and Vikings fan' (i had on 'my two fave teams are the packers and whoever plays the vikings' tshirt) so I decided to have a little fun and say, 'that's not what it says!' he replies with, 'look at my eyes, do you think I can read with these eyes?' Then he said, 'here, take a sucker for your family' to the both of us. Persephone was a little wary (well, wouldn't you be?) but obliged. When we left the store, she said that he has sort of a Woody Allen type voice, which made him creepy. I couldn't figure out where the guy who was controlling him was. We think he might have been right at the door. We ended up going back in for the card, but Persephone didn't want to go because Mr. Bones was still there-I decided to tease her and said I would hold her hand, but she whipped around and said, 'No! That will just give him fodder!!' ;) *heehee* We managed to get the card without incident-seems that Mr. Bones was taking a nap when we went back in. ;)

We made it to Sasha's and had a great time!! You guys are so much fun! I'm just sorry you are leaving, just as we are getting to know you. :( But at least we did get the chance to know you! Lluc's new job sounds pretty awesome, so it's all good...and it just means that we are all going to have to plan some road trips. :) Snugglebug is so adorable-she reminds me so much of my neice, Boo (formally known as L'il A-but my method of nicknames got a little confusing, so I'm redoing them all) Anyhoo, she was so cute in her little witches costume-she even let me try on her hat. ;) Next time we get together we'll have to play Phase 10-so you can break in your cards! I also had fun 'crashing' the Halloween party, 'cause we got to see Kerowyn, Clio and Arrina, too. :)

Sunday I helped P^2 paint their ceiling (and boy are my arms and neck sore today!) Their livingroom looks so much brighter now, too. We also finally carved our pumpkins, so hopefully I will be able to post a picture of them soon. Yah, I know-I promised to have that done this weekend. Oops. ;) They'll be up before Halloween, I swear!!! LOL. Later we had a rousing game of Phase 10 with Persephone's brother and Jerm. I have got to learn to keep a straight face whenever Jerm teases me-he won't get bored as long as I keep reacting. LOL-you stinker, Jerm!! ;) Note to self: Blue Kool-Aid can be just as painful through the nose as Coca-Cola. ;) syzygy!!

Comments