A.J.'s Country Kitchen

D.W.Q.M.: "Chap with wings there...Five rounds rapid!!" -the Brigadier, issuing the most ludicrous order in military history. ;)

Forget the IHOP, I wanna go to A.J.'s Country Kitchen in Anola, Manitoba!

Ah, the playoffs-gotta love baseball, gotta love statistics, gotta love so called sports analyzers/commentators with their predictions and their so-called knowledge.

The Twins suprised everyone(well, I suspect mostly Yankee fans and sports analyzers) Tuesday afternoon when they beat the Yankees at Yankee Stadium, 3-1. It was almost a shut-out, but they let a Yankee run sneak by in the bottom of the ninth. So Thursday night, it was Yankee this, Yankee that. What will the Yankees do if the Twins beat them tonight?!? Might be the end for Joe Torre, are they still the fabulous team they once were? blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc. Enough!!!! PLAY BALL, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! (to be fair, I also dislike it when they talk about the team i'm rootin' for-I wanna watch the game, gosh darn it!!!! NOT listen to sports commentators give their opinions all the time.) The exception to this general rule is Madden-I love listening to him during Monday night football!!! ;)

Thursday's game was quite painful for me to watch-the Twins were loosing 1-0 and I found it intersting that they kept showing the hand signals the Twins catcher was giving the pitcher, but they never showed the Yankee signals...hhmmm....interesting. To top it off, during the top of the 5th, which was about 9:30 pm, I noticed that my VCR was not recording CSI like it was supposed to!!! Arrrggg!!!! So I started recording halfway through the episode, realizing that the week before I must have programmed a one-time only, rather than a weekly. Well, things began to look up 5 minutes later when Torii Hunter hit a homer, making it 1-1!!! The Twins had hope! ...or so I thought...the 7th inning was a very painful inning to watch-they Yankees scored big on some Twins errors. The Yankees had their fair share of errors, but the Twins weren't able to score on them, as the Yankees did. Final score, 4-1, Yanks. :( Now they are tied. The good news for me is that they are now heading for the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome!!! Yay home field advantage!!!!!! One of my hightlights for the game was when Jacques Jones hit the ball right up to the pitchers mound-he started running towards first, the pitcher got in front of him, the Jones stoped, raised his arms as to say, 'what do you think you're doing?' then tried to run around, but relented, was tagged out, then jogged back to the Minnesota dugout with this huge grin on his face, while Yankee fans booed him. It was hysterical!!!

So, our lovely Fox Sports commentators, T-Mac and Half-a-Buck (aka Tim McCarter(?) and Joe Buck) had what they called, 'You didn't ask, BUT,' tidbits about the Twins, here are a few of my faves:

Koskie's hometown is Anola, Manitoba, and his favorite hometown resturant is A.J.'s Country Kitchen. They had the number on the screen and told people to call them. When they themselves called, the number was always busy! Well, duh! You just told a good portion of the country to call them!!!!! LOL.

LeCroy's nickname is Big Country, and he's not much of a swearer(sic)-likes to use 'foot' instead of...well, I think you know the word. ;)

Jacques Jones's nickname is Double J.

There is about a 115 million dollar difference between the Yankees payroll and the Twins payroll. Dang, that's alot-what could you do with all that dough?!? I have a few ideas.... ;)

They also showed some team stats-how many times each team has one their division, the American League, and the World series. Of course, the Yankees had bigger numbers, but they've been around since 1901!!!! Twins have only been around since 1961. Since I have been a Twins fan since I was a little girl, I really hope they win this round of the playoffs!!!! GOOOOOO TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D Yay, Underdogs!

Yes, I am totally slacking with my tvjunkie files-I have to decide what I'm going to do about CSI (the season premiere was a two-parter, of which, I only have half of the second part-at least it's the second half, so we're only missing 30 minutes out of a 2hour story. I hope Persephone sees it the same way!! ;) ) A JAG review is also coming soon-hahahaha, I said JAG review Nevermind. ;)

Comments