Whoa...my ears are popping!!!

D.W.Q.M:"My dear Brigadier, while a straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, it is by no means the most interesting." -the Third Doctor
And I thought the streets of Pittsburg were bad!!

Ok, well here marks the first time I have used a quote over-but who cares? I think it fits. :) *heehee* Also, I don't think I got it 100% correct the first time, so here is the opportunity to correct it.

I am going to take a quick break from tales from the land of 10,000 lakes ('cause there are more!) to tell of our first night in Charleston, West Virginia. Persephone, Paul and I went there for our friend Heather's wedding this weekend (which was beautiful!) We left early Friday afternoon because we were invited to the dress rehersal dinner. When we got to the hotel, we discovered the other reason why we ended up in a smoking room (the first being that due to flooding, FEMA took over the hotel we were to stay at) the other was that there was this huge BMW biker convention in town, so space was very limited-i'm just glad we were able to get a room!) Well, we made it on time for the dinner, which was a Mardis Gras theme! (Heather and Jon met at Mardis Gras) Way cool! Everything was so festive and colorful-they had beads for us to wear, and Heather and Jon sported crowns. I had my very first taste of gumbo and Kings Cake...mmmm....

Afterwards, the girls were going to head over to Heather's parents to watch 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' (awesome movie!), and here's where the quote comes in!! Now, if you've ever been to Charleston, you know that it is a very hilly city-the neighborhoods(at least the ones I saw) of Charleston and South Charleston are situated along winding roads and very steep hills. Most driveways are a steep, upward climb-and the lighting wasn't all that great-it is very easy to get lost or turned around there...well, if you are unfamiliar with the area anyway. So we were given directions, but we managed to take at least 3 wrong turns, and after a while, our ears began to pop from the change in pressure! I was really glad that I wasn't a driver-I would have been a nervous wreck!! i could never imagine taking those roads at 50mph, but apparently some people do! brave souls! (crazy souls! ;) ) Well, after a phone call to Heather, we did make it safe and sound! It took us a half hour to find the movie though-Heather's nieces had been using the dvd player to watch movies most of the day, so we had to hunt for the dvd-we found the case, but there was no movie in it!!! Just when Persephone was sure that it was her destiny never to see this movie, we beat destiny! Yay! It was found under what looked like the cover to a plastic box-a cover with a santa clause on it i think...LOL. It was a great movie, and we had fun hanging out together.

Don't worry, I'll post more about my trip to Minnesota and Heather's wedding. And thank you to those who leave comments! (and those who don't, but still read) Even if they are silly, it still makes me feel loved. :) thank you for reading!

scarf update: 26/???? rows (yah, i still have to count up the total number of rows)

didn't get much of a chance to work on it this weekend, because I FINISHED HARRY POTTER!!!! YAY! and I promise I won't talk about it so those still reading will fully enjoy it. :)

Comments