Where are we?!?!

D.W.Q.M.:"My dear Brigadier, a straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting." -the Third Doctor
'where the hell is McDonalds?'

Another favorite line of mine-and one that I think I will have the opportunity to use many times!! ;)

I am back from Minnesota!! Made it safe and sound-I have to admit, I was a little worried with all the severe weather between Minneapolis and Cleveland, but we were re-routed, so it was all good. Normally, from what I can tell, we fly east from the MSP airport and cross Wisconsin, then the lower half of Michigan, and over Lake Erie into Cleveland. Well, just as we were about to taxi off the MSP runway, our pilot comes on the speakers to announce that due to the weather, we would be flying in a different direction, and our trip would take us a little farther north than usual. Well, these are the words I managed to hear: Lake Superior, Saiginaw, Detroit, Ontario-boy, that was some trip!!! It's a shame that we saw nothing but clouds most of the way. LOL ;) Despite the detour, we did manage to land ontime. :)

The first full day I was there, my sister, my mom, and I drove up to Shafer, MN (that's where my sister will be moving in the fall) and around lunchtime, we decided we wanted McDonalds for lunch. Well, I saw a sign that advertised a McDs 7 miles away in St. Croix Falls, so we decided to go there. Well, I must have been having a serious brain fart, 'cause I forgot that St. Croix Falls was in Wisconisn until we all saw the sign that said, 'Welcome to Wisconsin!' Of course, we hit the first major intersection, and it's really crazy there-my poor little sis made a wrong turn into a driveway for a state park, and while she was turning around, shouts, 'Where the hell is McDonalds?!?!' We took another wrong turn and drove past a flea market, which of course, we had to stop and shop at before we actually found McDs. ;)

Ahhh, I had fun while I was up there-stay tuned for more fun stories from the Land of 10,000 Lakes!


Comments