order cancelled due to suspended item-D'OH!!!!

D.W.Q.M.: "Well, I'll tell you something that should be of vital interest to you. That you, Sir, are a NITWIT!" -the Third Doctor
Warning: tvjunkie rant ahead!! ;)

Ever noticed how the less likely it seems you are going to get what you want, the more you want it? (duh!) *heehee* It started innocently enough, honest it did (be quiet, jerm! ;) LOL. ) Feeling particularly nostalgic, I wanted to check out a couple of Pertwee stories from Doctor Who-The Curse of Peladon and the Monster of Peladon. I was sure i had seen one of them, but I wasn't sure which one-both had a pretty memorable alien. I mean, who could forget an alien with a big, round, green head, one HUGE eyeball in the center of it, six arms with claws for hands, walked with a waddle, and spoke with a high, squeaky, girlish voice? Quiet comical. So, being the total geek that I am, and wanting to expand my Doctor Who collection, I decided to check out bestbuy.com to see if I could find them.

I was about half way through the order when i noticed that there was no delivery estimate on the Monster, and upon further inspection, it was because they were out of stock. So I tried half.com, barnes and noble, amazon, borders, even half priced books. Nobody had it in stock. I put in a notification on half.com to be notified if any showed up, and went to check to see if the libraries had any copies. Well, there were copies of both Curse and Monster, so I put a hold on both titles. The Curse came in, and after watching it, realized that that was the story i had seen, but now i wanted to watch the next one... So I check the status on Monster, and discover that it was checked out to somebody else, before it was sent to me! grrr! stupid library! i had a hold on that! (the only hold on that, as a matter of fact.)

Well, I got a notice from half.com that there was one copy available, but sometime within the four hours that it was sent and when i got the chance to check it out, someone had purchased it. Dang. But that was ok, 'cause I saw a listing for it on eBay! yay! (or so i thought) Within 4 hours I was outbid, and the outbidder was willing to go higher than what I could afford. *sigh* So back to the library-i put a hold on the second copy of Monster (as far as i can tell, there are only 2 copies in the entire library system), but later that week, the same thing happens-the item is checked out when there is a hold on it. Now i am on a mission-I will see this episode!!! ;) Well, surfin' the net, I came across the BBC America shop-and they had it listed!!! To be on the safe side, I emailed them and asked if it was available, and the reply was-'Good news! it is available for purchase on our site.' I was really excited and put an order in...well, a couple of days went by, and I got a notification saying that the order was cancelled because the item was suspended, and that they were having it removed from the site. Aaaaaahahhhhhhh! (i guess i should have known it was too good to be true) back to waiting for the copies at the library to be returned...oh, well, c'est la vie! :) You know, though-if i ever do get to see it, it better be pretty frickin' good! LOL. Ahhh...nostalgia... ;)

scarf update: 195/830 rows (btw, at 188 rows, the scarf measured at 2ft, 1.75 inches)


Comments