Shoppin', Lego Land, and the littlest Doctor Who fans...

...or more tales from the Land of 10,000 Lakes

D.W.Q.M.:Second Doctor (to the 3rd) : "Goodbye, Fancy Pants!"
Third Doctor (with a nod of recognition) : "Scarecrow."

Typical conversation between me and my niece:
Lil’ A: “Stinker!”
Auntie Ella: “Meanie!”
Lil’ A: “Stinker!”
Auntie Ella: “Stinker!”
Lil’ A: “Meanie-stinker!”

Ahh, the joys of being a toddler. Lil’A’s favorite phrases these days are ‘you’re a stinker!’, and ‘how come?’ or ‘why?’ Now doesn’t that sound like a typical 3 and a half-year-old? :)

My friend Shanna and I decided to get together on the 2nd and take the girls (Lil’A, and Shan’s daughters Lil’S and Lil’M) to the Mall of America. We promised them if they behaved while we were shopping, we’d let them play in Lego Land, next to Camp Snoopy. So we did our shopping (with a few side trips for the girls, like the Teddy Bear Factory ), and they behaved themselves pretty well, so after lunch at McDonalds (by the way, who ever heard of a McD’s that didn’t serve Coca-Cola?!?!?!) we headed on over to Lego Land! I can see why the kiddies love it so much-they have little ‘work areas’ where the kiddies can build stuff-and if you are lucky enough to find lego wheels, you can build a car and they have a race track (well, really it’s a ramp) that you can race other cars down-and it even times it. (well, sort of, I’m not really sure how accurate that is) Not to mention the stuff they have built there with Legos-dinosaurs, treasure ships, other animals-they even had two big Harry Potters there! (I took a picture of Lil’A&S next to one) When we tired of that, we hit one more store before we left: Wizards of the Coast. (I’ll give you three guesses on which one of us wanted to go there. ;) LOL) Well, Alison had given me $5 for Lil’A to spend on whatever she wanted, and she finally found something at Wizards-this little Hello Kitty doll that shook like crazy when you pulled a string-according to the tag, it was supposed to be saying ‘yes-yes’. My sister wasn’t too thrilled when she brought that home. ;)

Shanna decided to visit with us for a while after our sojourn to the Mall, so we headed back to my mom’s. While Lil’A&S were playing in Lil’A’s room (yes, she has her own bedroom at grandma’s!) Lil’M sat with us in the living room while we decided to watch some Doctor Who. Yup, Shanna is a fan, and we are working on getting the little ones to like it too! While we were watching, when the theme music came on, Lil’M started dancing in her seat-she was really diggin’ the theme music! ;) We decided that we are definitely going to have a Doctor Who marathon when I go back at Christmas. Lil’A is also getting into the show-I had brought some episodes with me for my mom and I to watch, and while we were watching them, Lil’A, who also happens to have her own vcr and tv in her room to watch her own movies, would come in and snuggle in grandma’s lap and watch it with us. When we watched the first episode with Tom Baker (we had been watching several with Jon Pertwee, including his last), she cried out, ‘What happened to the Doctor?!?’ She seemed to enjoy watching it with us,so maybe we can get her hooked. ;) Jerm thinks it’s disgusting that we are getting her hooked on a show like that at such a young age. But hey! I have been watching it with my mom since I was her age, and I turned out okay….didn’t I? *heeheeheeee * ;)

Scarf update: 81/830 rows (yes, I finally added them up!)

Comments