I'm dreaming of a white...Easter?!

D.W.Q.M.: "Who sold you on that? An Eskimo?" -Sarah Jane Smith (from the Fourth Doctor story, Seeds of Doom)

I think I may have mentioned this before, but living in Ohio has made me soft. Years ago, the prospect of having a white Easter wouldn't have shocked or upset me so. I mean, we may not have enjoyed having a white Easter in MN, but when it happened, it wasn't as unusual as it is here. (Snow in April? sure! bring it on! ;))

The snow looked so pretty as it was falling outside my window at work...too bad it's spring and Easter around the corner, rather than winter and Christmas being around the corner.

When we got to St. Rocco's, despite being reassured earlier in the day that the procession was still on-we found out that they decided to cancel it. They were worried that the streets would start to freeze over. Although I was a little disappointed, in all honesty, I was not looking forward to playing my clarinet in 20 degree weather. brrrrr!

So several of us decided to go out for dinner like we always do after the procession (especially since Marty drove all the way up from Athens, OH!).

It was a rather fun, and interesting experience. For starters, I happened to be the only girl in the group, and I was the youngest...by far. I always enjoy listening to stories from years past, but then Marty was asked to remind us how long he had been in Italian band... (since 1972..i think?) I had been twirling my pasta on my fork, and I stopped, looked up, and said, "WOW...". Marty then turned to me and said, "Oh, how long have you been in the band?" and both Rich and Jesse laughed and said, "I don't think that's what she meant by that!" "Yeah, I'm only 30-my parents weren't even thinking about me yet!" (LOL-hey, how often do I get to say I'm only thirty?) ;)

Then there was more story telling, and at one point, Marty stopped and said, "I can't tell you this one with a lady present." I said, "Are you sure? I've heard some pretty raunchy stuff in my time" He said, "Trust me, this story involves dogs, and well...not to be told in the presence of a lady." LOL-I think he's right-I don't want to know. I also believe this is the first time that a story has been stopped because I was a 'lady'. *hee* I had a great time!

If I don't post again before Sunday, I hope everyone had a happy Easter!

Comments