Happy (snowy) Easter!

D.W.Q.M: "Who sold you on that, an Eskimo?" -Sarah Jane Smith
(yes, I know I used this quote last time-but give me a break-there's 20 inches of snow outside my door!) ;)

"I don't know whether to wish you a Happy Easter...or a Merry Christmas." -Fr. Mike, at the beginning of his Easter homily.

Yeah, getting to church this morning was a bear. Of course, none of the sidewalks were shoveled (they didn't even bother to shovel our walks during the Valentine's Day blizzard!) And the streets were just plain awful. In East Cleveland, it was so bad that they closed all the hills-told people not to drive until the snow stopped. (yeah, right, it's still falling!) Oh, no-wait. It actually looks like it might have stopped...for now. They didn't get to the roads until mid-afternoon.

Anyhoo, while sitting at church, I heard this loud rustling sound-I (along with several other parishoners) looked up just in time to see the shadow of snow falling off the roof behind the stain glass windows. The Indians game was cancelled..again. They didn't get a single game in during their opening weekend. They would have-they were one pitch away from being able to call it a game on opening day when Mike Hargrove stopped and said they couldn't play in these conditions. Okay, I admit I"m not an Indians fan-but come on!! ONE pitch! I bet if you had been winning, you would have allowed the pitch to call the game. Now look at ya-three games you are going to have to make up. THREE!

Ah, well. The weather has been crazy. I had to run some errands yesterday, and it was quite the challenge to navigate by bus and on foot. There would be squalls-high winds blowing snow everywhere, then it would settle down, with no snow in the air. Squalls, calm, squalls, calm. Occasionally the sun peaked out for a few seconds and we'd get sun glare from all the bright snow on the ground. Ahhh, what fun! ;)

Okay, even though it is spring, I have to admit, the snow on the trees were pretty specatcular-it was a beautiful winter wonderland scene! Too band it isn't winter. (sprinter wonderland?)

I hope everyone was able to stay warm today! Happy Easter! :)
Oh, and guess what-as I finished this entry...the snow has started up again.. LOL (or, AAAAHHHHH!) ;)

Comments