Strange electrical phenomenon or deaf ghost?

D.W.Q.M.: Ian: "Where's your spirit of adventure, hm?"
the First Doctor: "It died a slow and painful death when those bats came out of the rafters."

Ahh, the system is down again. I've had a lovely morning so far-I posted a short entry at
the Idiot's Lantern, read several blogs, checked my email, edited some Mp3 track info...yeah, a real productive day at the library so far. ;)

So I decided to take the time and write about an incident that happened last Friday morning that was...well, just plain weird.

My stereo is hooked up to my tv-and when I use the stereo for sound, I usually have to have it cranked to at least 20 or 22 to make it worthwhile. However, at the end of the day, I usually turn the sound down and then set it to the radio, since I can't wake up without the radio to keep me going in the morning. Last Thursday, I didn't use the stereo for the tv at all, so the volume should have been at it's normal radio setting...right?

Wrong!

When I turned on the radio Friday morning, I was greeted with the music blaring at at least 22. Startled, and somewhat puzzled, I quickly turned it down and went back to my bedroom to finish getting dressed. When I came out again, the volume was loud again. I know I turned it down. Frustrated, I once again turned it down and went about getting ready for work.

I was in the middle of packing my lunch when I heard the volume go up. Startled, I ran into the living room and once again turned it down. This time I sat there for a few minutes, and once again, the volume went up for no apparent reason. This happened a few more times before I left for work, but it hasn't happened since.

...will there be a part 2 to this story? I'm not sure...

All I know is that it was a very strange experience, and when I was writing about it in my written journal (yes, I still keep one of those) something startled me big time which sent my heart racing. No more writing about strange happennings late at night for me!

...I just heard a 'hooray!' shout from someone's office-and an email confirms it-the system is finally back up, so off to work I go! :)

Comments