Signs you are starting to get old... ;)

D.W.Q.M.: Barbara Wright: "What's that awful noise?"
the First Docotor: "I beg your pardon... 'Awful noise'? A good way to talk about my singing!"
Barbara: "No, Doctor, not that awful noise -- the other one!"


The other day I was thinking, 'Gee, we don't go out to clubs any more...'

Last night I figured out why.

My friend Alicia and I went to the Red Parrot Cafe in Lorrain to celebrate her birthday, and to listen to the local band Bullshot. Her boss, Andy, is the lead singer of this band.

The Red Parrot is a small bar wedged in between two other building on what appeared to be one of downtown Lorrain's main street. It took us a while to get there, (where the heck is Kansas?), but we only had to turn around once.

After circling around a couple of times, we finally found a parking space and headed towards the Red Parrot. As we approached we could see the clouds of ciggarette (we hoped) smoke and the thundering pounding of what appeared to be music...of some sort...we think. The people hanging around outside seemed quite young (although not too young, since most of them had had something to drink...although that doesn't neccessarily mean anything these days...) Anyhoo, I suddenly felt very old as my eardrums began to throb to the beat. As we approached, Alicia spotted her friend Andy as he and his band were unloading their equipment. She introduced us and he told us that things were running late, and there would be one more band that played before them. We decided to wait outside awhile and Andy asked us if we had trouble finding the place. We told him not really, except for the fact that there was no sign for Kansas Street. He laughed and said that they couldn't find it either, but he was really glad we made it. Andy's pretty cool.

Finally Alicia and I decided we better go inside. As we walked through the bar, I was suddenly grateful that I had opted to change out of my Marcon tshirt, old faded shorts, and Twins cap for a simple black shirt and darker jean shorts. I also wished that I had taken the time to redye my hair...

We quickly made our way to the bar and ordered drinks. The band that was playing was sort of Kid Rock like, only much worse... We moved over to a table near a group of people who looked almost as out of place as we felt. After a couple of 'songs' by the band, we found out they were like us-here to listen to Bullshot, and not really liking what came on before. LOL. We had fun talking to them, and Andy and Ryan (the bass gutairist and fiancee of one of the girls we were talking to) came over and joked around with us as well. When the first band finally finished playing and the next band was setting up, Andy tossed me a couple of earplugs. Ahhh....much better. The next band was a heavy metal type band, with very inebriated fans who thought they were the bomb. Apparently the lead singer of this band was quite inebriated himself. He jumped around the stage, swung his microphone around, knocked into some stuff, screamed into the microphone, and the next thing we knew, they were done. Ryan came over and said that the lead singer knocked over his beer onto some of the sound equipment, was tripping and knocking everything over, and finally after 2 songs the owner of the place was like, 'that's it, you're done' and took the mic from him. 'Those were 2 songs?' 'Yeah, I found it difficult to distinguish where one ended and the other began myself' was Ryan's reply. For the next few minutes we witnessed the shouts of angry band members and the screaming of hysterical fans. Lots of drama-they kicked those guys out. It was quite amusing to watch from a distance, though. ;)

Bullshot finally got to play, and they're pretty good. :) We had a good time and they're fun to watch on stage (the drummer had taken his shoes and socks off to play! LOL) They played most of their own songs and a couple of covers. After they finished we told them we had to leave and that we had a good time, and they thanked us for coming out to see them. They're pretty cool guys. :)

After I got home I jumped into the shower and washed my hair until the smokey smell was replaced with the scent of vanilla with a touch of marigold and primrose. I took a couple of asprin and then hit the sack. All in all, not a bad night.

Not a bad night at all. :)

...hey, my niece is 4 months old today! Man, do I feel old. ;-D

Comments