chilly random thoughts...

D.W.Q.M.: "Why should I believe you? A rationalist existentialist priest, indeed!" -Miss Hawthorne (from the Third Doctor story, the Daemons)

Today, in Cleveland, it was freezing and Mother Nature dumped a ton of snow on northeastern Ohio.

Today, in Minnesota, it was 60 degrees and sunny.

That is SO...NOT...FAIR! :p

Ok, I admit, winter is my favorite season, but that doesn't mean I dislike the other seasons-I'm quite fond of spring, and APRIL IS SPRING. *sigh* Yeah, being in Ohio has spoiled me-my tolerance for the cold in spring is starting to go down. ;)

Speaking of Minnesota-I talked to my sister and Shanna yesterday-they are already planning the Fourth of July! Well, there are some advantages to that-last year we all went to my sister's for the Fourth. We drove down to Stillwater to watch the fireworks, and thought it would be neat to rent a boat and take it on the St. Croix River to watch the fireworks this year. Perhaps there will be enough time to make that happen this year...we'll see! I also told Alison and Shanna that we need to have a Doctor Who marathon while I'm there-so we can get the kids hooked on the show. Shanna told me that SumSum (her oldest) was already hooked on the show! Aparently after I left at Christmas, she kept wanting to watch more Doctor Who. *heehee* Excellent. :-D

Today P^2 and I drove down to Medina for our friend Stephanie's son (Matt)'s baptizsm. P^2 are godparents! :) Congrats to everyone! Matt was so well behaved during the mass. Afterwards we headed over to Steph and Dan's for brunch. I'm not sure who it was, but somebody brought this huge jiffy bag for the kids to play with. Steph had been showing us Billy's room, and when we finally came downstairs, we noticed that it was suspiciously quiet. Then all of the sudden, we heard this muffed boom! followed by hysterical laughter coming from the basement. I went down there and discovered that the kiddies (and the occasional adult) were being catapulted off the jiffy bag onto the floor (which was carpted, btw. ;)) The bag was only partially filled with air, so the kids could sit on one side, and the grownups (most of the time it was Dan's brother, Bill) would fall down on the other side, sending the kids in the air. Apparently I missed all the excitement when Billy first tried this new ride-they didn't realize how far he would fly, and he went spinning up in the air!

I'm not quite sure, but apparently this is something that Dan and his brothers did when they were younger. Billy's Great Uncle put a ball on the bag and it shot up so hard it slammed into the ceiling and hit the floor. We were laughing so hard I began to question how old we were. ;) LOL They convinced me to give it a try-and I was sooo sure that they wouldn't be able to lift me off the ground that I was quite startled when I found myself flying up in the air! (Not very high-but enough that I gave out quite a yelp.) ;)

Comments