knittin' away....sort of... ;)

D.W.Q.M.: "Pity about the scarf-Madame Nostradamus made it for me...witty little knitter..." -the Fourth Doctor

Ahhh...our system at work is acting up (again) so while I wait for them to fix the problem (they claim it'll be about 5 minutes after everyone is logged off), I thought I'd do a knitting post.


prayer shawl, about one fifth of the way done.

Ta-daa! I finally posted a work in progress-yes, it took me 4 projects to do it, but I finally managed to post something that I'm knitting. :) It's a prayer shawl that I'm making using the leftover yarn from my first project (my Doctor Who scarf) This was taken just before I switched over to the third color. (colors I'm using: Red Heart Dark Plum, Burgandy, and Linen) I'll talk more about the prayer shawl when it's completed. (I'm almost halfway there).

Saturday, my friend Kim and I got together for our first knitting/crocheting day. Of course, this time we didn't actually get much done on our projects-but that's okay-it was our first gathering. We definitely know that we want to do this again-and hopefully Perseph will be able to join us too! :) We ended up heading over to JoAnn's, and I picked up some Lion Brand Homespun yarn for another project I'd like to try. (When our system was down on Friday I was searching for hat patterns. I got a simple one from one of my coworkers and fellow knitter.) :)

I brought my knitting into work to work on during lunch today. However, if our system doesn't come back up soon, I may start knitting at my desk. ;)

Ahh, days like this are actually quite frustrating-I did everything that I could without the use of our catalog on Friday-now I have nothing (work-related) to do today! *sigh*

I'm off to see if our system is up and running yet. It's been well over 5 minutes! :-D

Comments