ahh...space...

D.W.Q.M.: "And I'm suffering from post-regeneration amnesia, as far as I can remember." -The Seventh Doctor

When you live in the dorms and then an apartment for several years, you forget what it was like to live in a house with your own backyard. Thanks to P^2J, I'm starting to remember what it was like. :)

Last night during taco night, after we had finished playing Skip-Bo, everyone retired to the livingroom to watch the Bachelor (i think-although I'm not 100% sure)-my sinus headache was still bothering me, so I decided to go outside for a bit of cool air. (I know what you're thinking-going outside when the problem probably originated from stuff in the air isn't the smartest thing to do-but it was getting chilly, and the cold helps me feel better) I went out into their backyard and looked up at the sky-it was pretty clear (well, except for the light pollution, of course) So I laid down and just stared up at the sky. Nothing really to look at, just a few visible stars-since there are alot of tress in the area, I really only could make out Cassiopiea (the Big Dipper was hiding behind the trees) I might have even seen a few stray, and very faint meteors, but it also could have been my eyes playing tricks on me. No matter, though-it was still nice. :)

It's been a loooonnnnggg time since I've just gone outside and stared up at the sky for no reason at all-I wasn't looking for anything like comets, aurora, lunar eclipse or the seasonal meteor shower-I was just enjoying the sky. It's so easy for me to get "lost" in the sky-I forgot about paying bills, getting my projects done-anything that was worrying me-for the half hour or so that I was out there, I forgot all about it, and it was a nice, refreshing break. :) I would have stayed out there longer, but the bugs were really starting to bite, and I spotted a skunk investgating their backyard. ;) Thank you, P^2, for sharing your backyard with me!!!! :) When Paul brought me home last night, I was able to see the Pleides from the courtyard-I love it when I'm able to spot that in the sky. :)

In other news, I talked to my mom yesterday-she's doing good. Her church was doing a little reorganizing and getting rid of some stuff, and one of the items was a small piano! She asked about it, and they said, 'would you like to have it?' so they put her name on it! (She loves playing the piano) Now all they have to do is find a way to get it from the church to her apartment. She told me that she realized that she has 'two nice, strong nephews' who might be able to help her out. :) *heehee* My cousin David, and my cousin in-law Chris will be at church next Sunday for the christening of Janey and Chris's new daughter-so she'll get to see them. Hopefully they can work something out so my mom will get the piano by the time I visit for Christmas...then I'll get to play 'Chopsticks!' LOL. ;)

Comments