The tvjunkie files #9

D.W.Q.M.: Sgt. Benton: "What are we going to do now?"
The Second Doctor: "Keep it confused, feed it with useless information. I wonder if I have a television set handy?"


Ahhhhh, Stargate. New season-yay!!! So I'm a little slow getting this typed out. I thought I'd better do it now, or it'd never get done!
------------------------------------------------------
Series: Stargate: SG-1 (SciFi)
Episode: New Order (season 8 premiere)
Original Airdate: July 9th, 2004

"So Teal'C, what's with the hair?" -O'Neill

Okay, first of all, the actress who played Dr. Weir changed. I didn't even realize it until the actual airing of the episode (I had been reading about Atlantis for weeks). So far I'm cool with it, but it disturbed both "the Doc" and Jerm. ;)

I think she's cool-I'm glad she didn't turn into another Kinnsey.
Next big thing-no General Hammond. :( Apparently he has some desk job somewhere (although I did see his credit for a guest spot on a future episode-via
IMDB, not Gateworld. Now, I think Gateworld is a really cool site, but I refuse to look after it after accidently reading about the death of Dr. Fraiser several weeks before it actually happened. I'm the only one of my friends who couldn't say 'I so did not see that coming!' grrr...

Moving on: so, who's the new Big Bad Go'auld in the house? Why, it is Ba'al! He's takin' over everything!! Now the remaining System Lords want to form an alliance with Earth. Among them, Yu (never trust a Go'auld...unless they are insane...), and...Camulus-the very hunky Celtic God of War. ;)

In order to help Col. O'Neill (who is still in stasis), Major Carter and Teal'C go in search of Thor, who is dealing with the replicators. Remember the planet that housed the replicators in human form from season 6? Remember Fifth? Guess who's pretty p'oed!!! Fifth takes Carter captive, and tortures her, and then says he's in love with her...CREEPY. With a capital C. Meanwhile, Thor brings O'Neill to his ship (which, by the way, is the Daniel Jackson) and slowly begins to take him out of stasis, so he can use his knowledge from the Ancients to help in the war with the replicators. O'Neill builds a weapon that he doesn't know how to use, until the replicators start to attack-he just picks up the weapon and fires. Pret-ty co-ol. I love it when he's on the Asgard's planet and starts firing on the attacking replicators: "Who's...Your...Daddy!" The rescue Major Carter (yay!) but not before Fifth collected enough neutronium (needed to make the replicators in human form) to create a replicant of Major Carter. CREEPY. (did I say that before?)

Meanwhile, back on Earth, Daniel Jackson and Dr. Weir are trying to negotiate a treaty with the System Lords-and you know how negotiations with the Go'auld go. Camulus asked for assylum. Now, this can't be good-I see some major potential problems here. Better keep an eye on him. (not in depth, but i'm on my lunch break-and running out of time! ;) )

Col. Jack O'Neill has been promoted to Brigadier General! and put in charge of the SGC. O'Neill in a desk job? we'll see. At least now he "can do really cool stuff" (his words) like promote Major Carter to Lt. Colonel! (I swear, she had the same look on her face when she was promoted from Captain to Major. LOL. ;) )

Ok, I'm running out of time-i'll have to write about Atlantis later. But before I go, I'd like to introduce you to a new game I'm playing. It's called the 'Let's see who's playing a different character on Stargate this week' game.

How do you play? It's quite simple-just look for an actor who played a memorable part in Stargate past playing somebody totally different in Stargate (or Atlantis) present. Sure this happens alot in scifi, but these are pretty memorable parts here... So far I have three:

from New Order:
Steve Bacic: played Major Corburn (of SG-3, I think?) in earlier seasons of Stargate (episode I can name: The First Ones, from season 4) Now he's the Celtic God of War, Camulus. Whoa!

from 7/16/04 episode, Lockdown:
Aaron Pearl: played Lt. George Hammond from the season 2 episode 1969. In this episode he played Major Kearney (the major O'Neill zatted when he was under the influence of Anubis)

And the biggest 'What the...?' of them all comes from the spin-off, Atlantis:
from the 7/16 premiere episode, Rising:
Garwin Sandford For those of you who remembered, he played the Tollan Narim-who had a thing for Major Carter, and who probably died in season 5 (we don't know for sure, but it's pretty likely, considering they lost contact with his planet during a Go'auld attack.) In the premiere of Atlantis, he had a bit part-he was the love intrest of Doctor Weir. Now, I know it was a small part, but still!! He had a fairly important part in Stargate!

Okay, maybe I'm just a nerd who watches too much scifi. I don't care-I'm going to keep my eyes open for the next several episodes. LOL ;)

Comments