Stoooopid!! :-p

D.W.Q.M.: "Your arrogance is nearly as great as your ignorance." -the First Doctor

Ahhh, how well this quote applies to me today.

So at lunch today, I was paging through my latest copy of Non-Sport Update, when I came across an interesting article by contributor Don Norton. Apparently with the April/May issue of NSU, there were 100 autographed Benchwarmer promo cards inserted along with the other promos from the issue. So far three have been found-and one of those at an Ohio Borders.

I usually buy my copy of NSU at Borders.

Now, for those of you who have miraculously remained untouched by my card-collecting hobby (ie, having had to sit through me excitedly talk about my cards or what I'm reading in the NSU ;) LOL ), here is my stance on promo cards: I usually get about 3 or 4, sometimes 5 promo cards with every NSU issue (published bi-monthly) I have a ton of promo cards for sets that I don't intend to try to collect. I decided to keep all of my promo cards (including ones that I have the sets for), along with a few odds and ends cards, in a separate binder. I have all of my promo cards since I started collecting cards in that binder...

...except for the Benchwarmer promo cards.

I'm not a fan of collecting cards of women in bikinis...or less than that-I don't care if others do, but I'd rather not have those promo cards in my collection. Sure I have several promo cards in my collection for sets that I could care less about, but I'd just rather not have the Benchwarmer promos in my collection. Usually when I get those, I offer it to the guys, and if they don't want them, the cards somehow mysteriously get "lost". LOL.

Hmmm...I wonder if the promo card that recently got "lost" was one of the autograph cards...

...I also wonder what I would have done with that card if it was autographed... Tossed it? Traded it? Sold it? I still wouldn't have kept it.

I wonder what the trading card community thinks of me...

...I wonder what others are thinking of me for even considering doing something other than tossing it out! ummm...I mean, getting it "lost". ;)

In the words of Homer Simpson: D'OH!!

Comments