Ah, it's good to be a geek.

D.W.Q.M.: "Mind you, I'm not wild about computers myself, but they are a tool. If you have a tool, it's stupid not to use it." -the Third Doctor

Okay, so III has been having trouble all day today-no one can get into the catalog-not the Innopac(telnet) users, Anzio users, or Millenium users. I've done everything I can do without the online program, and I spent all morning reading my book, so now I'll do a little blogging until they fix the problem-we got an email around 11:30 saying it was fixed, but I have yet to find someone who can actually use the system. ;)

This weekend, my Marcon buddy Alicia and I went to visit some friends of hers that I met at my first Marcon, back in 2001. Karen and Chris (not to be confused with my college roommate and her husband-LOL!) are geeks, too-so of course we were going to have alot of fun!! They haven't been going to Marcon lately (they have two little girls- I'll call them Lizzikat and KC) but they are planning on coming this year, and are bringing the kids! Alicia and I went to hang out and play games and watch movies-although we didnt' get to the games, we did have a LOTR marathon that night-we watched the extended versions of the Fellowship of the Ring and the Two Towers...we also went through a 12 pack of Coca-cola and a full pot of strong coffee! Not to mention all the sugar we consumed. LOL. (Just wait until the extended version of the third movie comes out! :-D)

I'm currently reading The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Lord of the Rings takes place during the Third Age of the world- Simillarion tells about the First Age of the world. I am finding it absolutely fascinating. In the movie, when they start talking about Morgoth, the Valar, Valinor and Beren and Luthien (the song Aragorn was singing in the Fellowship was about Beren and Luthien), I understand more about what they are talking about-and not just because I read the LOTR before I saw the movie-hmmm...it's hard for me to describe it-but I bet if anyone else feels the same way, they'll know what I'm talking about. ;) I think it's well worth the read.

While we were there, Karen and Chris introduced use to Pennsic-they used to take part in the Pennsic war held in northwestern PA every year (the middle two weeks of August), at Cooper's Lake, north of Pittsburg, near New Castle...I think... It looks really cool, and alot of fun-it's not a spectator event like the Rennaisance festival, and you're expected to dress in periodic clothing all the time-but you don't have to take part in the actual war. I would love to experience it sometime, but not quite yet-I'm more of a con girl right now-not quite ready yet for something as big as Pennsic. :) Since they had been participating in it for a while, they have tons of medieval garb, and Karen said that I could borrow an outfit to where to Marcon!! Way cool!!! I'll probably where it the night of the Masquarade, 'cause I'm still planning on wearing my Doctor Who scarf during the day. Now if only I could find the right kind of hat... ;) Alicia and I are going to plan another trip to visit them before Marcon, and hopefully Karen will be able to outfit me then-I'll have two costumes to wear to Marcon, so I won't be limited to my geeky Scifi and con tshirts. (Not that there is anything wrong with that!!! I love my geeky tshirts.) I've just always wanted to go in costume. One of the best things you can do at Marcon is to ask someone if you can take a picture of their costume-they love that. :)

Alicia and I are so excited: Marcon 39-me, Alicia, Arthur, Karen&Chris and the kiddies-it's going to be so much fun!!!

*heehee* now back to trying to log onto the system. ;) Boy, what a productive day we are having today!!! ;)

Comments