and they say flying is the worst part of the trip... ;)

D.W.Q.M.: Sarah Jane Smith: "So, providing we don't burn up on re-entry and aren't suffocated on the way down, we'll probably be smashed to a pulp when we land."

The Fourth Doctor: "Exactly. Sarah, you've put your finger on the one tiny flaw in our plan."

Sarah: "Our plan? It's your plan!"

Ok, I know I promised more updates this past weekend, but I got caught up in a video game I rented, plus a few tv show marathons, hanging out with friends, saw the Return of the King, and I tried to catch up on sleep, so I didn't have much time to update anything online. Good thing I havent' made any New Years resolutions regarding the status of my web page yet. ;)

I seem to always have an adventure before I even get to my destination-and this Christmas was no exception. The day I left, we were under a lake effect snow warning-we had been since the night before, and it was to last until noon the next day. Nothing constant, but they predicted some serious squalls during the day. I spent my last day at work nervously looking out the window and constantly checking the weather report. Then I found out that good 'ole Bessie (for non-Who fans-the car that was to drive me to the airport ;) ) stopped working, and I didn't have the time to arrange any other transportation, so I would have to take the Rapid. Well, since my time was tight, I decided to walk down the hill to the Rapid station-wouldn't it just be my luck that one of those squalls the weathermen were predicting hit just as I was leaving? By the time I got to the Station, I was blanketed in snow and couldn't see a thing. The rest of the trip to the airport was uneventful, but I was not looking forward to spending the rest of my night in damp clothing.

When I got to the gate, I noticed the departure time was for 8:50pm, rather than 8:25-no problem, not too much of a delay. Cleveland had been grounded out during part of the day, so they were pretty backed up in terms of flights landing and taking off, and the airport was swarming with hundreds of irate passengers. I called my Mom and warned her-my sister would be dropping off Boo, and since I couldn't get a hold of her myself, I told my mom to warn her. Well, after about a half an hour, they informed us that we needed to change gates. Oh, great-last time that happened to me, my flight was cancelled. Whooopppee! :p I sat down at the new gate, checked the time-it still read 8:50. About 10 minutes later I looked up and it now said 9:05-oh, boy. I managed to actually get ahold of my sister, and warned her about the delay-she said no problem. 10 minutes after that, the departure time was back to 8:50. I didnt' even bother calling this time-good thing I didn't, because not long after that it was moved up to 9:00. Thank God that was the last change-we were put on the plane and before I knew it, we were in Minneapolis!

I managed to get my lugagge without a problem, then called my sister-she said she was almost there, and would call me when she got to the airport. As I was waiting I noticed that there was a major backup in the pick up area-and almost no security to move people along-I mean, come on-if your party isn't in sight, drive around!!!! Airports are designed for that! (at least Cleveland and Minneapolis are) My sister called and said, 'You're at Humphrey, right?' I said, 'No, I'm at Lindbergh-I'm always at Lindbergh'. 'You're shittin' me! Why aren't you at Humphrey?!? There's only like four people here!!!!' I told her I couldn't help it, so she made her way back round. I decided to go outside and wait-big mistake-considering how I always forget exactly how cold weather in Minnesota feels. (I have totally been spoiled by living in Ohio weather, believe it or not. ;) ) I called her and looking down the long row of cars said 'Please tell me you are almost here' Her reply? 'Honey, I can't even see around the corner yet.' She kept calling me with updates about where she was in the line, until finally she said she saw me and started waving frantically-I saw her too and started jumping up and down. (partially so she could see me, and partially so I could stay warm. ;) ) She was only a few cars away and was being blocked by a little old lady who was afraid to drive. When she finally did get close enough, she jumped out of the car, and we threw my luggage into her trunk and back seat, then I said, 'Quick hug!' we hugged, then she ran around to the driver's side, I ran to the passenger side, we shouted a victory shout, and jumped into the car. :) It only took 45 minutes.

As we are traveling down I-694, we come to an exit, and she turns to me and says, 'should I turn right?' as we are turning left. I looked up and replied, 'well, considering the movie theater that is usually on our left is now on our right, I think we should have turned right.' So we had to do a u-turn. When we finally got to our Mom's, we walked in, and Boo, who was sitting on the couch with Grandma, lept off the couch, ran right past her own mommy and jumped into my arms in a bear hug before I even had my coat off!! :) :) :) That so made the struggles it took to get there worth it. :) :) :)

Hopefully i will be able to bring you more tales from Minnesota soon. :) (and i'm sure Jerm just can't wait. ;) ) LOL.

Comments