See Ro Run. Run, Ro, Run!

D.W.Q.M.: "When I say run, I want you to run. Right, RUN!" -the Third Doctor

Fave line of the day: "...show me an anthropologist who dresses like this, and I will eat this headdress." -Captain Samantha Carter

Before I start my story, I would like to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS! to my friend Sarah and her husband, Matt. They will be expecting their first child in May. Yay!!! *Hugs*, Sarah!!!!

Okay, now onto my story. It actually begins Monday night. See, the problem was that I had too many things due on Wednesday, three different places-the Blockbuster in South Euclid, the Cuyahoga County Public Library in South Euclid, the Main library in Cleveland Hts, and good ole' KSL. KSL wasn't really a problem-I go into work everyday, so it's not out of the way at all. The South Euclid places are right up Mayfield, so all I have to do is hop the 9 and keep going 'till I get there. The Main library, on the other hand, is out of the way. Okay, so I'll find someone to drop my stuff off for me-no problem. I decided to drop the South Euclid items off myself, only problem is the video game from Blockbuster is due at noon on Wednesday. Okay, again, no problem-I'll just stop on my way home from work Tuesday.

So I wake up this morning and load up my backpack, which is quite heavy-5 books plus the video game. I swear, the HTML book I had weighed 20 pounds. Before I leave I quickly check to make sure I have a tape in the vcr (I recorded the first part of the 4 hour BattlestaR Galactica miniseries last night, despite to my objections to the show being 'reinvented' for a younger age group. Since Jerm and I were trying to get some more MarioKart in before the game was due, I didn't get the chance to watch the first part, so I needed to record the second) I knew I'd be back in time, but I wanted to check, just in case. ;) I figured, based on past experiences, that I could get out there, drop of the game and books, and be back about 6, or a little thereafter, just in time to catch Stargate on the SciFi channel.

I should have also figured, based on past experiences, things don't always go the way they are planned.

It started about 9:30 am-my friend DJ, who had also recorded BattlestaR Galactica, emailed me to tell me that he had checked his tape last night. Turns out the first part lasted over two hours and he was missing the last 10 minutes or so, so he was going to have to record it again tonight starting at 6:52 pm. WHAT?!? I did a quick check on the SciFi channels schedule, and sure enough, the first part lasted more than two hours-so would the second. Here was the evening line up-at 5, Knight Rider, which they were going to cut short, then at 5:52, Stargate, 6:52 BattlestaR Galactica, part 1, followed by part 2 at 9-which would last until 11:06pm. Is that crazy or what? So not only was I going to miss my favorite scene from the day's Stargate episode(it contains my fave line of the day), but now I was going to have to make sure I returned home in time to rewind my tape, change the speed (I originally recorded it in LP mode) and change the programming. Ah, what fun.

I thought about taking a short lunch and leaving early, but when 12:55 rolled around and I was still at lunch, I knew that wasn't going to happen. 5pm-I load up my backpack and head out to the bus stop. I saw a bus coming, and the light that was in my favor was about to be in the bus driver's favor. I thought about running, but quickly abandoned that idea, for I am quite sure my back and shoulders would have loudly protested the assult from the 20+ pounds of books I was carrying. I didn't have to wait long, though. Miracuosly there were not one, not two, but three number 9 buses about 10 after 5. Not only that, but they were three different ones. Quickly I evaluated the situation: the 9B turns on Green Road, normally that would be a pain, but since I had to stop at Blockbuster, it would be all good. The 9B also drives through Severance, which, according to DJ, "takes 9 fricken' extra minutes!" The 9X goes straight up Mayfield to SOM Center Road-not bad, except that I would have to cross Mayfield once I got to Blockbuster, and I really didn't feel like fighting Mayfield traffic more than I needed to. So the 9BX it was! Turns on Green road, but does not drive into Severance. As I attempted to flag down the BX, I swear the driver was planning on skipping the stop all together-he didn't even get into the right lane! He stops, opens the door, and then some girl at the stop waves him by-quickly I hop onto the bus before he can take off again.

While on the bus I decided to pull the game out of my back pack, to further expediate the "dropping off" process. I get off at Green Road and a quick check of the watch tells me it's just after 5:30-perhaps I can still make it home by 6... I drop off the game, and then walk quickly up the street to drop off my books at the library and at the bus stop by 5:40...unfortuately, no sign of a bus, and I'm at the stop with no shelter, and the street light across the street suddenly decided to dim. There was a bus stop just up the street with a bus shelter, but I didn't want to get caught between two stops, so I tried to determine whether or not a bus was coming. Now, have you ever tried to find a bus in the dark with about 10 cars shining their brights in your eyes? Not an easy task. I decide to risk it and head for the next stop, when I see a bus coming. I quickly make a mad dash for the stop (a task made much easier since I had dropped off my books that had weighed a ton.) get there only to discover that the bus was heading to the garage. @&%! I checked my watch-6pm...shouldn't another bus have come by now? I dig out my schedule only to find that the buses are now coming once every half hour. *sigh*

When the bus finally does arrive a little after six, I get on and shortly there after discover that my stomach is bothering me. I wasn't sure if it was car sickness or just hunger pains, but then I spotted a woman who must have bought out Peppridge Farms, nibbling on a cookie. Another jolt of pain told me that my stomach was saying, 'Feed me!!' :-D No other major incidents between the bus stop and my apartment. I didn't make it home in time to see my favorite scene, but I did make it in time to see Carter kick the big mean Warlord's @$$. Woo! Go me. ;) :) :)

Comments