Quiz time ;)

D.W.Q.M.: "One moment you're talking about the entire universe blowing up and the next you're going on about tea... You'll be consulting the entrails of a sheep next." -the Brigadier

Favorite line of the week:
"Hey, if you had been listening you'd know that Nintendos pass through everthing." -Col. Jack O'Neill

Choose the answer that best fits the statement:

Last week Romana learned:

a) Switching vendors is as easy as pie
b) You really can decorate a la Mary Poppins style (*snap!*)
c) Mario Kart Double Dash is the suckiest game ever
d) It's not so easy to get the smell of garlic out of your hand

If you chose either "a" or "b", then you are living in a fantasy world... please, tell me how to get there... If you chose "c", then you are totally out of your mind!! If you chose "d", then you are 100% correct-you get a cookie! ;) Thursday I helped Persephone make dinner, which required me to mince garlic cloves. Now, despite the fact that I do know how to cook (just to lazy to cook often), I don't think I've ever minced a garlic clove...in fact, I think the only type of garlic I have ever used is the powder type. Someone else always had the mincing job. I washed my hands several times that evening and when I woke up the next day, I could still smell the garlic on my hands...even now I still detect the faint, lingering aroma of those pesky little garlic cloves... ;)

This week we have been preparing for the vendor switch-over at work. Our current vendor, Academic, was taken over by Blackwells (which, ironically, was the company we left when we switched to Academic in the first place) Most of my coworkers have worked with Blackwells before, so they sort of know what to expect (or what not to expect, as the case may be) Me, on the other hand, I started just after they had switched to Academic, so they are the only company (aside from UMI...or Bell&Howell...or ProQuest, or whatever they are calling themselves these days...the place where the PhD papers are sent to be microfilmed ;) ) I have worked with. This week alone we were given at least 4 different names of people we are supposed to contact-and there is still some confusion about which 4 are the correct people to talk to. Of course, there is new lingo we have to learn too, so when we do straighten out the previous problem, we will be able to understand what they are talking about. For example, the forms that are placed in the books have been known simply as 'forms' or the more daring 'slips'. Blackwells refer to these as 'flexes' (I have no idea why-insert own joke here if you wish) The fact that they are making this changeover during the holiday season is quite interesting too-stay tuned, I'm sure there will be some interesting tales before the changeover is complete!

The first week of December is over and I still have not finished decorating-I've done very little at all this week. The fact that I just rented Mario Kart:Double Dash does not help at all-that game is TOTALLY AWESOME! I love it! Jerm and I rented it Friday night (got the last one at Blockbuster-after we struck out at the first one we went to, I called another one to see if they had it-not only did they have it, but they were willing to hold it for me!! The women I spoke to asked me how long I'd be, and I told her about 5 to 10 minutes. When I brought the game to the counter, she looked at me and said, 'Were you the one that just called me?! Boy, you said 5 minutes, and you really were here in 5 minutes!!!") We did pretty well at the 50cc level, but 100cc and 150cc weren't so good. When Paul and I played yesterday we didn't fair much better. I asked Paul if he had played this badly the first time he had played the N64 version, and he said no. Oh, well-it's still alot of fun-I love the fact that you have two characters in one car and can switch them around as often as you like. ;) My favorite track right now is DK Mountain...hopefully I will be able to tear myself away from the game long enough to finish decorating..LOL. I need to finish so I can take a picture or two and update my front porch.

Speaking of my front porch, Krismutt will be making an appearance there as the represenative of our first annual (yeah, i know-that sounds funny, we've already had this discussion) Holiday Baking Party. Persephone, Shar, Arthur and I all got together yesterday and baked a bunch of Holiday goodies. We had so much fun we decided that this needs to become an annual event-woo-hoo!! We all met at P^2s house. We were all in the kitchen, discussing what we were going to get started on, when Paul said, "I'm going to get started on the Nintendo" and went into the living room to have a MarioKart marathon. Considering there were 4 of us and one oven, I think we did a fabulous job designating who would get to use the oven when. I made it easy by starting off with rum balls, which requried no baking at all. Mmmmmm....rum balls... :) What were some of the other goodies, you may ask? Fudge, seven layer bars, and of course, traditional sugar cookies! Also, Perseph made apple-raisin oatmeal cookies and chocolate chip oatmeal cookies (which are very good) I even tried a recipe my friend Alicia gave me for Russian tea cookies. So we got into a little food fight-flour versus confectioners sugar-no one was hurt, so it was all good. :)

Comments