Whoa, there, horse!

D.W.Q.M.: Ace: "Oye, that sounds brill!"
the 7th Doctor: "My sentiments exactly!"

For those of you familiar with Cedar Hill right by campus, you might find this amusing...or sneaky:
Date: Sat., June 21st
Time: about 12pm or so...maybe closer to 1.
Place: Cleveland Heights/Cleveland- Euclid Heights Blvd & Cedar Rd.

As we are coasting down Euclid Hts blvd almost above speed limit, with the flow of traffic, we hit Cedar Rd, and just as we are about to decend the hill, we spot a lone police officer, no squad car, standing on the corner at the top of the hill with a speed gun, talking into his walkie talkie. We're thinking, "huh?" and then shouting, "Holy s$@%!" and to the car, "Whoa, horse!", for a split second later, we see the flashing lights of six squad cars, all lined up on Cedar Hill, each with a passenger car with very irate-looking drivers. Cleveland Hts must be desperate for money, and not enough people must be going to the Indians games. (I hear that they cops usually stake out the other side of the street, after Indians games, and try to pull people over to see if they are over the limit or not...that's what I hear, at least) Note to self: be very careful while drive down Cedar Rd!

Ok, apparently my watch wasn't working correctly, and when I gave my countdown time for the Harry Potter book, I was nearly 2 hours off. Stupid watch! ;) That's ok-I survived. I didn't get the chance to go out at midnight, but my friend Sharon went to Hudson-she said it was alot of fun. People were dressed up, the stores had the names of shops from Diagon Alley covering their real signs, and they were giving out heilium balloons shaped like owls!! Way cool! I picked up my copy Saturday morning-they had a truck behind the counter filled with books, with the spines facing upward. The library assistant in me wanted to say, 'turn those books around! You're damaging the spine!!" But I just went up to the counter, smiled, and said, 'I reserved my copy here'. The woman smiled, and pulled out this huge, thick list and checked my name off-I could tell that they were having entirely too much fun with this. One of her co-workers kept calling her 'Mrs. Potter', and she would play along. I haven't had much time to read it yet-at lunch I had to force myself to stop after reading the third chapter-I was afraid I would just keep going! Then around 3pm, someone would say, 'hey, wait a minute, where's ella?' I think Jaya has the right idea-waiting until she can totally devote all of her time to Harry. Any other way is just plain torture!!!! ;)

Comments