New Year's Resolutions

D.W.Q.M.: "When everything is new, can anything be a surprise?" -Cho-je, (from the Third Doctor story, Planet of the Spiders)

Happy New Years, everyone!!! Hope you all had fun! I had a fantastic time at
Persephone's (as usual! Yay!)

I know it's a few days late, but I thought I would post some of my resolutions.

1. Update my blogs more often Ok, so this one hasn't gotten off to the best start, but I used to update my blog quite frequently, back in the early days. I'd like to try to go back to more than just one update (if that) a week.

2. Attend church more than just 3 or 4 times a year I'm not sure if I'm ready to become active in church activities yet, but I would like to try to attend more than just the standard Christmas/Easter and the few other times I go. I actually got a head start on this-I went to church every week of Advent.

3. Loose 40 pounds this year This is actually a part in a long term plan-I want to get back down to a healthy weight, so this is the first part of that goal-I'm also planning on several mini-goals so I don't get discouraged.

4. Walk at least three times a week for 30+ minutes This seems like it should be easy, but there have been weeks where I'm lucky to get one walk in.

5. Report weight loss/exercise progress on this blog once a week Hey, this helps with 1, 3 and 4, too! ;)

6. Practice drawing Okay, so this has nothing to do with my job or future or anything, but I really would like to learn how to draw better. I'd like to overcome a few barriers I have when I'm sketching-like getting proportions right, etc.

7. Work on knitting something to sell Hmm...that sounds a little greedy-so let me explain: I love knitting, and I love knitting for people-especially when they really love what I've made them! This year I made Shan a scarf for Christmas-she really needed one, and she really loved the one I made her. She and another childhood friend of ours, Chrissy-do craft shows, and Shan thinks my stuff would sell, and if I was interested, offered to sell some stuff. I have to admit, that made me feel good. I think it would fun to make stuff to sell at craft shows, maybe even arrange to go to one with them this summer. I told her I'd think about it-but I need to become more consistent with the time I spend working on things-I still want to make stuff for others and myself! :) So we'll see...

8. Be a better sister, daughter, auntie, friend (especially long distance) I am terrible about keeping in touch with people who live out of state. I guess I'm not much of a phone person, but I really need to keep better in touch with my family and friends outside of Ohio. I'm very blessed with all my family and friends, near and far. I don't want to loose any of them!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Comments