August Blog Challenge #1

D.W.Q.M.: "It takes all sorts to make the galaxy." -the Fourth Doctor

Last year, I participated in the August Blog challenge-where everyday (or most days) I'd write about something that makes me happy.
Michael has challenged us to do it again this year, so I'm certainly going to try. (btw, this is Michael's 3rd year for the challenge)

What made me happy today? Unexpected kindness from a cashier.
Sometimes there are just days when you get the cashier who is tired, grumpy, and had a bad day. They toss your stuff around like they don't care, and have a serious attitude problem. I always try to be nice to the cashiers, but if you're rude to me and I didn't do anything to deserve it, well then...

So, anyway-
Perseph and I had to run to "the evil" Walmart today, and we both managed to forget a bag at the counter. We discovered our error several feet from the door-I turned around to go back from them, and there was our cashier, running after us saying we forgot our bags. First of all, there was a long line behind us. Second, it's freakin' hot outside!!! We thanked her profusely and she went back to her counter. If I ever see a cashier in my line go running after a customer who has forgotten their stuff, I'm never going to get mad-it's happened to us!

Speaking of cashiers, there is a new cashier at the Walgreens I shop at. She's really nice-will say hello, ask us if we want our stuff double bagged (for heavier items), ask if we want our cold items bagged separately. Then she'll tell us to have a nice day. The first time I had her, I told her to have a good evening, and she seemed a little surprised-and started to say, 'you're welcome' but quickly recovered and said, 'Thank you-you're so nice!' She always seems to have a nice and pleasant attitude. The other day when I was picking up my drops for my ears from the pharmacy, she was running around, but stopped long enough to say 'hi! how's your day?'

Of course, I can't end this post without saying that my sister is a great cashier too! :)

Comments