Would you like a brain with that?

D.W.Q.M.: "No! No! Not the mind probe!" -Castellan (from the Fifth Doctor Story, the Five Doctors)

Hey! As of today, I've been blogging for 3 years!!! Hard to believe that three years ago, this was just an experiment to see if I could keep a website up to date. (ok, so I haven't done much with my main site in a loooonnnnggg while-at least I've kept my blog up...more or less.) LOL. I'm really due to update my site-add a few Travel Dog adventures, add some pictures. That'll be my goal this summer. :)

My poor sister, Ally (who wishes to be known as Alicat from now on. LOL) :) Anyhoo, my sister is a cashier who works the graveyard shift at a 24 hour grocery store-and anyone who works graveyard shifts could probably tell you stories about the strange customers you get during those hours.

Alicat's story begins with a call she got about an hour before her shift ended. She was the only person up frongt and got a call from a woman asking if they had any soft and comfy toilet paper. Not having a way to check the stock from where she was at, Alicat told her she'd have to check. To which the woman replied, "Hurry, it's exploding everywhere!" Alicat, who was now grossed out by the images that started to run through her head, ran to check on the stock. When she got back she told the woman they did, indeed, have soft and comfy toilet paper-and told her what brands they carried. Then the woman told her she needed the biggest size and the best deal they had-so once again, Alicat went to find the best deal. When she got back and reported her findings, the woman said, "Oh, angel, it sounds good but you took too long so I'm going to have to call another store!" WHAT?!?! Geez! After all that work Alicat did, -I thought it was an emergency-things are exploding everywhere, and you're going to call another store? With some of the people she gets, Alicat thinks her greeting should be "Did you find everything okay, and would you like a brain with that?" LOL. My poor little sister.

Comments