Doctor Who news

D.W.Q.M.: Sgt. Benton: "What are we going to do now?"
the Second Doctor: "Keep it confused, feed it with useless information. I wonder if I have a television set handy?"

(author's note: this post can also be found at the Idiot's Lantern)

Series One (season 27) in the USA:
Fridays, on the SciFi Channel
Current episode:
Series 1 has finished it's current run. *patiently awaiting news on when series two will air...*

Previous episodes:
13.
The Parting of the Ways
12.
Bad Wolf
11.
Boom Town
10.
The Doctor Dances
9.
The Empty Child
8.
Father's Day
7.
The Long Game
6.
Dalek
5.
World War III
4.
Aliens of London
3.
The Unquiet Dead
2.
The End of the World
1.
Rose

Series Two (season 28) in the UK:
Saturdays, at 7pm GMT on BBC1
Current episode:
11.
Fear Her

Previous episodes:
10.
Love & Monsters
9.
The Satan Pit
8.
The Impossible Planet
7.
The Idiot's Lantern
6.
The Age of Steel
5.
The Rise of the Cybermen
4.
The Girl in the Fireplace
3.
School Reunion
2.
Tooth and Claw
1.
New Earth

Doctor Who gets ReAnimated!
The Second Doctor story, the Invaision, is going to be released on dvd-complete with 2 animated episodes (1 and 4, I believe) Since the soundtracks are still available for both episodes, they are going to animate the two missing episodes and release the full story. I think that's really cool-I hope they release it here in the U.S. as well. I also hope they can do that with other lost stories-it would be quite a project, but a really awesome one!
Click here for the full story. :)

Speaking of Classic series releases, the UK will be releasing the Fourth Doctor story, the Sontaran Experiment on dvd in October. I hope the region 1 edition will follow-then I can get rid of my Sontaran/Genesis tapes, and make more room on my Doctor Who shelf! ;)

More on series 3
Doctor Who will get a new producer for the upcoming third series.
Susie Liggat will take over the reigns while producer Phil Collinson takes a much desereved break!

More on last week's spoiler story
No, I'm still not going to say what it's about, but here's a link to some rumors related to last week's announcement.

from
the Scifi Wire

I will be on vacation next week-however, my sister does have an internet connection, so I'm going to try to post while I'm away. If nothing else, at least a link to next week's episode in the U.K. :)

TAFN, happy Who watching!

Comments