disc golfing on a Sunday afternoon....

D.W.Q.M.: "You know, I am so constantly outwitting the opposition, I tend to forget the delight and satisfaction of the arts... the gentle art of fisticuffs." -the First Doctor

Sunday
Perseph, Foofy, Jerm, his dad (Mr. Dave), and I went to play disc golf at Hudson. The weather wasn't too bad, a little windy at times, but it was sunny. Unfortunately, though-the course was awfully muddy, so we were constantly wiping the mud off our discs.

It was the first time that I got to try out my Teebird-L, and it performed beautifully!! (Well, provided I shot it in the right direction. LOL) I've had some of my longest drives ever with the TL, so I think it's definitely helping to improve my game. Although when I was trying a test shot with my Leopard, I (along with Jerm, who was helping me with my shot) was quite surprised with the distance I got with it (albeit it was in the wrong direction, but man, what distance!!) ;) I even managed to get par on one of the longer holes, which shocked me.

There was a cop car parked at hole nine- parked right in the spot that Jerm had thrown his disc earlier in the day, so he decided to go guard the car while the rest of us threw our shots. Mr. Dave threw his disc, then went to replace Jerm on guard duty. I think Foofy threw his disc next, and then it was to me. Mr. Dave was still walking over to the car, but I was sure he was far enough away that I could take my shot. I threw my disc, and to my horror, watched as it sailed threw the air, with no indication that it was going to land. I suddenly screamed "FORE!" and saw Jerm signaling to his dad that he should stop. My disc landed about a foot in front of him. yikes! An impressive drive for me-a bit scary, but impressive. Too bad I still managed to shoot a bogie. LOL ;) We had another near miss on hole 18, when my Leopard went flying in the wrong direction (again). When I yell 'fore', you better duck and cover!

I set a new personal course record (well, it was only my second time at Hudson). 20 over par. That's also a new personal best for me. I've almost reached my goal of shooting under 20 over! ;)

And so I leave you with a quote by me, which seemed to amuse the others: "Star: the strength of a Champion, with the grip of a Pro."

Ok, maybe you just had to be there. ;)

Comments